Big League World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2012
agreed. I hope we both agree that sucky umps who abuse their power and A**holes though.

I agree there are great umpires, very bad umpires, and umpires that would fit on a continuum anywhere between the two. I also agree that there are umpires the inject themselves into the game unnecessarily (we have an otherwise very good umpire in our area that does that very thing routinely). I also agree there are great and bad coaches, great and bad players, great and bad fans, and all of them are human. Most of them love the game and try to do the right thing.

I learned a long time ago that it is not practical to build a gallows and hang the offending umpire every time one makes a bad call. I also remember holding may breath in anger because I couldn't get past a person wronging me. But, even at the ripe old age of three, I came to understand that passing out really didn't solve the problem. The point is, life is too short to get stuck when a wrong happens. Softball is the greatest game ever invented, but it's still a game, and never worth loosing ones dignity over.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2014
How could anyone see on TV the player flipping the bird when the screen blurred out. I mentioned very early on I suspected the girl had made some type fo gesture because just after the umpire pointed for the ejection the screen blurred for a few seconds and then came back. The poster who was there in person has verified why the screen blurred out. Ever since the Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" networks have live games on time delay broadcast so they can bleep or block video of obscene language or images.

Did anyone see this game as it aired lived on ESPN3 (or WatchESPN app)?

This softball game airing on ESPN3 would not have this filter in place for the live broadcast. The blurred video was done in post-production after the fact for it's on-demand and re-air purposes. If this event actually aired live (I don't know that it did or didn't) you would have seen exactly what happened from that camera which was on air at the time. There would have been no blur and no audio filter.

Oct 25, 2009
Did anyone see this game as it aired lived on ESPN3 (or WatchESPN app)?

This softball game airing on ESPN3 would not have this filter in place for the live broadcast. The blurred video was done in post-production after the fact for it's on-demand and re-air purposes. If this event actually aired live (I don't know that it did or didn't) you would have seen exactly what happened from that camera which was on air at the time. There would have been no blur and no audio filter.

I'm basing my opinion of what she did on what I saw on the video—not what I couldn't see. It's quite possible she did do it. If so, that would definitely change my opinion of her. But it wouldn't change my opinion in the slightest of what I believe the umpire is guilty of.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Pop quiz - Out of all the words and suppositions noted here, anyone know which will get one tossed the quickest?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma