Big League World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
How could anyone see on TV the player flipping the bird when the screen blurred out. I mentioned very early on I suspected the girl had made some type fo gesture because just after the umpire pointed for the ejection the screen blurred for a few seconds and then came back. The poster who was there in person has verified why the screen blurred out. Ever since the Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" networks have live games on time delay broadcast so they can bleep or block video of obscene language or images.

Judging from the reactions of the people around there (including the umpire) it doesn't seem very likely she said FU to the umpire.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
This is off topic a little, but i thought I would share anyway. I watched/heard a coach ask a field ump after a bad call "Blue, can you throw me out for what I'm thinking?" The ump said "No, you can think whatever you want to". Then the coach said "well I think you F@#%$&G suck!" Coach got tossed, but the ump did it with a smile on his face.

Dec 2, 2012
This is off topic a little, but i thought I would share anyway. I watched/heard a coach ask a field ump after a bad call "Blue, can you throw me out for what I'm thinking?" The ump said "No, you can think whatever you want to". Then the coach said "well I think you F@#%$&G suck!" Coach got tossed, but the ump did it with a smile on his face.

How terribly sad that an adult who parents entrusted to lead their under age daughters in athletic endeavors, would prove to the world that he has no decency or class, and questionable morals by dropping the "F" bomb on the field of play in front of young ladies, their families and anyone else within earshot. My guess is the umpire wasn't smiling because he found the remark humorous, but rather he witnessed an all too common phenomena. The most pathetic individual at the softball complex that day self-identified himself.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
The focus around "did the batter say this or that" I have almost no care at all and is proving to me again how different I must be than "most folks".

People will disagree - people will argue - no physical altercations = no big deal for the umpire & player.... Life goes on (maybe adding instant replay)

Am I the ONLY one here who has issue with the two illustrious announcers acting the way they did? For the whole year on ESPN (back through college WS) these two announcers just blindly read from prepared scripts (yes not all their fault), gleaning over multitudes of improprieties with no opinions (as they don't fit the script - but you know they are smart enough to know different), then only to get to this notorious moment and then impulsively act as judge & jury within only a couple minutes. I am sick and tired of "script-readers" on tv (announcers/media/politicians) reading prepared scripts, as to not be "offensive", only to have premiere contrast moments of uncalculated behavior when they go off-script. Why can't they have an opinion on right/wrong the whole game long?!?!?

OK - I will go get more meds.......

I'm with you. Anytime I turn on softball and hear Holly Rowe/Cheri Kempf/Michelle Smith I instantly poise my finger on the mute button.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
How terribly sad that an adult who parents entrusted to lead their under age daughters in athletic endeavors, would prove to the world that he has no decency or class, and questionable morals by dropping the "F" bomb on the field of play in front of young ladies, their families and anyone else within earshot. My guess is the umpire wasn't smiling because he found the remark humorous, but rather he witnessed an all too common phenomena. The most pathetic individual at the softball complex that day self-identified himself.

This was adult beer league softball. Slow pitch. Should have posted that originally.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

Loosen up....it's just a funny interchange with a little blue humor in it. How this means this person was "pathetic" or has "no decency or class" is a big stretch....it is more like this person had a good sense of comedic timing and said something off color and pretty witty. I don't think he is going to burn in hell for the quip.

Dec 2, 2012
Loosen up....it's just a funny interchange with a little blue humor in it. How this means this person was "pathetic" or has "no decency or class" is a big stretch....it is more like this person had a good sense of comedic timing and said something off color and pretty witty. I don't think he is going to burn in hell for the quip.

Who said anything about going to hell? You and I are just going to have to disagree what is appropriate behavior, and appropriate language on the softball field where teenage girls are playing a game.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina

To be fair, he thought it was a travel-ball coach in the presence of children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan