Best pricing on Catcher's Bags? (No Errors, Demarini, Mizuno, Boombah)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
Zippers are the worst thing with any bag. I never understood why companies dont put more time/effort/money into the zippers.
The answer is in the question: they don’t want to spend the money! Travel bags for scuba gear had it right. They used the large toothed, heavy duty zippers, but they were also at premium prices already.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The answer is in the question: they don’t want to spend the money! Travel bags for scuba gear had it right. They used the large toothed, heavy duty zippers, but they were also at premium prices already.
So are some bat bags..there are some very expensive bags out there. And you're only talking 1 or 2 of the main zippers need to be
heavy duty. Like come on...geez.
But I dont run the companies, just go with the flow

Apr 1, 2017
Like everything in the online shopping world, it's all about pricing. The average mom/dad looking for a bag goes online. Bag A has great zippers, and costs $100. Bag B has crap zippers and costs $90. Pictures look the same, so Bag B it is kids.

Add in that outside of the zippers, most of these bags could last a long time. (I have a bag still sitting in my shed that looks practically new, except the main zipper is busted.) As long as people accept the crappy zippers as just part of the deal, using them allows the companies to sell more bags...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Like everything in the online shopping world, it's all about pricing. The average mom/dad looking for a bag goes online. Bag A has great zippers, and costs $100. Bag B has crap zippers and costs $90. Pictures look the same, so Bag B it is kids.

Add in that outside of the zippers, most of these bags could last a long time. (I have a bag still sitting in my shed that looks practically new, except the main zipper is busted.) As long as people accept the crappy zippers as just part of the deal, using them allows the companies to sell more bags...
There are very few good bags with good zippers period.

People arent accepting...you have to buy whats made. if pretty much every bag has the same zippers...well...hahahaha

Also, a lot of kids are drawn to fancy looks...that doesnt help either when trying to choose a good bag

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles