Thoughts on Mizuno GXS31TG Catcher's Mitt for Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

To close up this thread I wanted to comment in case someone else comes across this thread in the same dilemma. The glove seems very well made and despite Diamond Dad's comments, the lacing looked to be of high quality. Maybe since this is a line "up" from the 58, 90, etc., it is made with a better/heavier lace. The pocket was plenty big enough to take a softball, that's for sure.

The problem for me was that at least this particular model is truly made for a female hand. While my hand is not overly big, it is certainly "man" sized. The finger stalls, which were Eric's concern, were not too thin or too short. The problem was two fold. First, there is an extra hole in the leather strap across the back of the hand that has a lace through it to make the opening smaller. Shrinks the opening about a half inch. I loosened the lace to open it up and I was better able to get my hand in, especially the thumb, but the heel of my hand on the pinky side just couldn't get in correctly. This was because the finger stalls started too far down and the webbing in my hand between my ring and middle finger in particular could not get in any further, even though there was another inch and a half in the finger stall. This is what ultimately stopped me from trying to use the mitt.

This mitt is for sale, brand new with tags, never had a ball in it. I would also consider trading for a DeMarini 32/22 or a LHT catcher's mitt I can get my hand in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck