Best place to play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2011
Hello all,We have started a new (14U)TB team in Riverview Florida and would like some advice.What association would be the best to play since we are just starting out.Were about LL park level right now but of course looking forward to getting better quite quickly.Were looking to enter our first tournament anywhere local but dont want our girls to get discouraged by playing A or B rated teams.Other coaches said we should look for 14U "C" but wasnt sure what associations are the best to start off playing.Thanks in advance for any info provided.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
"C" level tournaments are difficult to find, and we usually do not see any in GA until the end of rec season when some rec 'All Star' teams start playing tournaments. Some associations do a pretty good job of trying to prevent B rated teams from 'trophy hunting'. In Georgia GSA does a good job of offering low B-level 'bronze' tournaments, but I do not think they are in FL.

Feb 15, 2011
FL
Give ISA a try. Jim and Melissa are good to work with and will be able to better place your team where they need to be. I believe that I have seen a few NSA's that have C level, sometimes they will call it "Open". Again, with all the alphabet's here in FL, give the directors a call if you see a tournament in your area. They all want you to have a good experience and match teams of equal caliber, at least on Saturday, so that you will come back again.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
I agree with Bucketrider. For a new team in Fl, you need to probably go ISA for a while. In the summer, you will be able to go USSSA "B" level and compete. Stay away from NSA and ASA for now. ASA will have mostly "A" teams. NSA will have a mix of both, however you could draw either level teams on Saturday.

Jul 9, 2010
If you play NSA, talk to The tourney directors, and let them know that you are a new team. They usually know the teams pretty well, and will help match you with like teams, when possible.

With ISA, I don't think you see as many different teams, so it gets kind of boring.

When we started in 12u, we lost every game for the first 5 tourneys. However, we adjusted. Winning is secondary to learning in the early going.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild