2024 Spring Break - Best place/most cost effective place to take my high school softball team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2023
Hey Everyone, Where is the best place to take a northern state high school softball team for a Florida trip? It can't be super expensive and we most likely would only get to play 3 games. Include team bonding, maybe spending time at the beach. Looking at March 17-23, 2024.

Oct 4, 2018
I do love how you're planning so far ahead. Parents love that.

So you're looking specifically for a Florida Tournament?

May 20, 2015
we were looking into this a few years back, and if i recall, there were some options in SC that were a good deal less than FLA......i seem to remember packages that were 4 or 5 days, included i think 2 DH's and a practice or two, plus hotel, that weren't all that bad, relatively speaking

i'll see if i can locate any of the research we did, but i am sure you can find some things there just via google......

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
If you wanted to come to Ft Lauderdale/Miami area there is a couple of HS tournaments that would love to have an out of state team - Florida Orange Bowl Fastpitch Invitational was last weekend so as long as the weekend date worked for you, that would be ideal. Games Friday and Saturday. Generally every team plays 3 games. I can put you in contact with some of the coaches who can tell you who to contact.

May 27, 2013
Our HS did the Cocoa Beach Spring Training trip one year - if you Google that it should come up. Their hotel was right on the beach. We also did Spring Training at ESPN WWOS. That included staying on Disney property, meals, park tickets. Probably more expensive, but loves that it was almost like an all-inclusive. That was the team’s favorite trip.

May 27, 2013
Our HS did the Cocoa Beach Spring Training trip one year - if you Google that it should come up. Their hotel was right on the beach. We also did Spring Training at ESPN WWOS. That included staying on Disney property, meals, park tickets. Probably more expensive, but loves that it was almost like an all-inclusive. That was the team’s favorite trip.

May 27, 2013
There is also the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach. Probably a much less expensive option. Not sure weather-wise if it would be warm enough for the beach or not.

Jun 2, 2023
If you wanted to come to Ft Lauderdale/Miami area there is a couple of HS tournaments that would love to have an out of state team - Florida Orange Bowl Fastpitch Invitational was last weekend so as long as the weekend date worked for you, that would be ideal. Games Friday and Saturday. Generally every team plays 3 games. I can put you in contact with some of the coaches who can tell you who to contact.
I would love to find out more about this tournament. If you could put me in contact with whomever is running it, that would be great we are a HS team out of Chicago. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
My DD's HS team played in a week long "tournament"--they played 1 7 inning game a day for 5 days--in Myrtle Beach, SC. Other teams stayed only 2 or 3 days, so you wouldn't have to do all five games. I don't remember what it was called but there were a lot of teams there, including from northern states. We played a few teams from NY. It got disrupted by COVID, but the HS head coach has been going to this event every spring break for years. Team tradition. Team rented the girls a house a block from the beach. They had a lot of fun. I'll try and dig up the name.

ETA: Think it is called the Grand Strand Softball Classic.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619