best ime to buy a bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2012
what is the best time to buy a bat?....before Christmas or before the season starts or even end of season?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
after a growth spurt. I always seem to buy her one just before a growth spurt.

But I don't think this is what you mean, so I hope you get better answers

Oct 10, 2011
Whenever your DD sees new graphics on a bat and wants it because it's cool:) But seriously, if you know which bat you want, you can usually get the best deal when they are releasing a newer model. I've contacted places and they've given me better deals than what is posted. Good luck!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Box stores seem to be a little slow with lowering their prices, but you might get lucky so it is worth looking. A better bet is the Internet.

It seems like the older models of the top end bats hold their price, after the new model price drop, even after a couple years. Older model of bat DD got a year ago is the same price a year later and people are still buying it.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Wait until the ASA meetings in Nov. To see what is going on the banned list. Never know what they might do.

Tim

Jun 3, 2012
i ment time of year.....she is only 8 so im not looking high dollar cause she has growing to do and i dont want her to grow out of it before she has a chance to use it. but was thinking if i could find a good composite for cheap why not. but....i know wally world marks thiers own but didnt remember when and figure sporting good stores and internet shops would too. i do keep my eye on ebay but was wondering what time of year was the best.

might try some place like justbats.com or closeout bats.com you can get something like a TPS Zephyr or Easton Synge for $70 or $80 (they are older models but never used), sporting good stores are hit and miss just keep checking almost bought a Vendetta the other day it was last years model (2011) so I guess they wanted to get rid of it because 2013s should be coming soon it was 50% off.

H

Hotshotz

It’s personal. If you want for a cheaper price check on Sales promotions. If you find proper bat material, bat weight for your body size and the technology, Just buy !

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I don't think bozz5150 is concerned about sales, but rather development of his dd's skills. Is there a better time to buy/expose dd to a new bat or does it matter?

bozz5150, your dd is young, so I don't think it will matter...and she will have her old bat to fall back on, if needed, yes? As they get older, I am of the mind to start dd on a new bat in the Fall/Winter time when the team is working on team cohesiveness and skills as a team. Spring/Summer are the more critical times that you don't want to change anything (unless it's painfully obvious dd needs new bat due to growth spurt or if bat/glove break LOL).

Edited to add that I just read your follow up post...and realized that you are looking for sales. Sorry!! The best time is when new bats/models come out, you might find huge markdowns on the last year's model (which is just as good most of the time). For example, the TPS Xeno 2012 models will probably start seeing markdowns soon once the 2013 model comes out in Aug/Sept.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors