Best cold weather bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
We are in the south and really have not had too much cold weather, but this year, we are breaking records. I am concerned about DD swinging her Xeno in temps below 50. So...I am going to shop for a used bat that she can use specifically for cold weather. 33/24 is what she swings now. Obviously, we are looking for a non-composite bat, right? Thoughts/suggestions??

Jan 20, 2012
Xenos are very prevalent in the NW where we frequently play at temperatures in the spring below 50. I don't think it has much of an impact on the Xenos. If a Xeno's going to break, it's going to break regardless of temp because it's usually at the connection point, in my experience. I've never seen a barrel crack on a Xeno up here in the NW in the cold.

Jun 22, 2008
Rockettech and Rip it are both good bats.

Granted this was a couple of years ago but, was umpiring a tournament where the temps were in the mid to upper 40's all day (very unusual for Phoenix). We had 4 Rockettechs snap off just below the barrel sleeve. After the 4th the UIC went to all of the teams and suggested they stop using those particular bats for the rest of the day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii