Beginner Pitching advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
So you tear down the mechanics of successful pitchers just because you don't like something they do? By the way, most pitchers that I have coached will wear sliding shorts under their softball pants so there is no possibly of any injury to their thigh. Nor have I heard of wrist injury due to the glove hand from mild slapping.

We can see how many players and parents have had horrible experiences with high school ball and having to put up with incompetent assistant coaches with illogical playing rules. Glad my preteen pitcher won't be going to your high school to play ball when she gets older.

Mar 31, 2014
My DD has started slapping her hip and her response was that it kept her glovehand from going wild. I was actually pretty impressed with her answer as it was spot on, her problem of swimming and often over-rotating has gone away since she started doing this.

I can see though hough it could be beneficial to batters but She just started 10U so im sure i've got plenty of time to work it out. It does seem to help keep her on her target line though.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
My DDs PC wants no slap so glove goes slightly behind thigh to time the driving throwing hand. It interferes with the windup.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Well it works. All have been converted. Glove slapping causes injuries and soreness, to the thigh and wrist when many of these girls throw for travel and HS. Then they bring all kinds of wraps to practice and ask to see the trainer. It serves no purpose and it hurts mechanics, too. And I can't listen to it that many times a day. Same as grunters.
Some "grunters" give me the feeling they are giving 100%. Nothing wrong with that, I'll take the grunt.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd