Be cautious about this..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2009
North Florida
Two months ago my DD was practicing in our LL fields and we were aproached by a father and his 10yo daughter about giving her some pitching lessons. My 16yo was happy to help and she gave the little girl her phone number. My daughter informed me that the father was the one calling her and she did not like how he would call for no reason. I am glad she told me and we put a stop to the situation, we even change her number. Watch out for something like this....

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Other than Mom and I, the only people that have DD's personal phone number are her TB head coach and her personal friends. Everyone else has MY number.

Oct 19, 2009
The HS assistant SB coach a male where my daughter plays, was removed from the program for making inappropriate calls to a few of the players. So the calls coming from a coach, teacher or other type person does always mean they are innocent calls.

Be alert and warn your child of any adult making inappropriate comments.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
This topic almost makes me wish that we could go back to one black telephone, that sat next to my dad's chair in the living room.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Any adult that calls my dd I would consider inapropriate. HC's all have my and my wife's cell phone numbers. She is 14yo and if any adult needs to talk to her, they can go thru us. As a coach myself, I find it strange that there would ever be a reason for me to call a player instead of a parent.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am curious if you notified your local league commissionaires, I would.

I would also go into our local police department and explain what happened. They might not care but they have more experience than any of us do.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'm usually not concerned with handing out my phone number... however, I've never had anyone creepy call me. At 11, 12, and 13... many of the girls have cell phones and their head coach (male, in forties) texts them as well as their parents reminders. It's a mass text.

Mar 13, 2010
I text some of my older girls (the 12 year olds. I have an under 13 team and the ages range from 9 upwards) info on training but it's never anything other than that. If there's issues with anything else, it's the parents who are contacted.

May 18, 2009
I'm always careful with who I let my DD's be around. I need to know the people before I entrust them with my DD. I don't think a father should be directly contacting a girl for help. He should be going through a parent and the parent should also be at the practice until a relationship or trust is established. Even then there should not be any alone time.