Batting order?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2010
Any thoughts on making a batting order for this team?

A - Very Fast good hitter average power
B - Fast good hitter not much power
C - Fast good hitter good power
D - Slow Best hitter good power
E - Slow decent hitter best power
F - Fast good hitter no power
G - Fast Average hitter no power
H - Average speed decent hitter decent power
I - Fast poor hitter no power

Jan 23, 2009
Without knowing what age group we're talking about the standard might be something like this (bunched, scores runs every 2-3 innings)...

A C D E H B F G I

But I might be inclined to try this and see how it works (more balanced, maybe B steps up, then B A cause havoc when they are on together, the drawback would be if D is clogging the bases, I'm assuming D can hit with enough power to get to 2nd a fair amount of times or C and H can drive her in from 1st) ...

B A D C H E F G I

Jan 20, 2010
" Without knowing what age group we're talking about the standard might be something like this (bunched, scores runs every 2-3 innings)...

A C D E H B F G I

But I might be inclined to try this and see how it works (more balanced, maybe B steps up, then B A cause havoc when they are on together, the drawback would be if D is clogging the bases, I'm assuming D can hit with enough power to get to 2nd a fair amount of times or C and H can drive her in from 1st) ...

B A D C H E F G I
"

They are 10u. D does hit doubles a fair amount and she isn't so slow that she can't advance on a ball that kicks away from the catcher (and she is a smart baserunner). She is slower than E though. B has a slightly better on base percentage than A which might point to your second suggestion.

Jan 20, 2010
Letter I is bunting for me, so she might be #2 or 3.

So you don't think putting her at the bottom works? If she gets on she is fast enough that she won't slow anyone down. But we are in trouble if she comes up in a bases loaded situation.

And yes...she will most likley be bunting.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It is of course, hard to say and just makes for good conversation. I would normally bat a second lead off at #9.

D and E are your problem, because they are always going to slow the person down that is behind them. And you don't want either one ahead of I, if she is bunting.

You could possibly fix I, but it is difficult to fix slow.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Is this 10U travel or rec? Do you have to bat everyone is my main question? I would have I towards the top to bunt, while working on her hitting in general with her at practice. She'd also be my go to pinch runner.

Jan 20, 2010
We can only bat 9 and I don't have enough time to fix I before we have to play.

Those 9 are my starting lineup but the rest of the team is:

J - decent+ speed poor hitter no power
K - average speed average hitter no power
L - decent speed poor hitter good power
M - very fast very poor hitter no power

I can pinch run M for D and E once each per game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog