Batting gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Most put the bat handle on the pad located right below the index finger. The proper way is to place the bat handle before the pad closer to the index finger bend. Where the index finger meets the plam. You will get the pinch of the index finger thumb pinch. I will try and get a pic.

Are you talking about the top hand or the bottom hand?

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD loves the Protex Raykr gloves. They are padded a little differently for righties vs lefties. She's had the same pair for over a year. Crystl Bustos recommended them years ago. I see a few of the colleges using them now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you are looking for durability and protection...I havent looked to see how small they make them, but motorcross gloves are phenomenal. I plays mens softball almost every day, and these have never ripped on me. The only reason I throw any away is because I use sticky firm grip and it gets pretty thick after a while. Plus, you can get a nice pair of them for like 10-15 bucks on clearance from many sites. I usually go on motocrossgiant.com, but there are a ton out there. Plus, motorcross gloves come in a ton of very cool colors unlike baseball/softball gloves.
I used to burn thru 5 or more pair a year. I will never go back or use anything but them now. I have used them for about 4 years now.

Dec 11, 2010
For whatever reason, one of my dd's dug a pair of the Turboslots out and re-tried them. She ended up liking them better the second time and wore them out.

I ordered her another pair, learned something important. The women's turboslot has a rollover cuff that is hard to do the velcro and fits weird. The men's have a regular over the top type velcro strap.

Mens glove sizes are one size bigger than women's. I ordered her mens small and they fit her women's medium size hands.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2011
My daughter started burning through gloves quickly in the last several years. DH thinks it is because they are being made cheaper and cheaper. He went on a hunting trip and came back with some women's shooting gloves (don't know brand- sorry) which seemed better made and for a good price. Didn't tell DD what they were- just handed them over and she seems to like them so far and thinks they are lasting better.

Dec 11, 2010
I had my two using the Palmguards, they are gorilla tough but they lost some feel for the bat and to the bottom of the bag they went..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish