Batting gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
From the "Hand protection" thread months ago:

Search on:
Manufacturer : All Star
Product : "The Claw"
Price I got em at: $10

Xprotex are good but WAY too expensive!

Sep 18, 2011
I have heard nothing but good things about the Turbo Slot gloves by Easton. Just ordered a pair for my DD so I hope to leave some feedback soon. Seems like they are widely misused, though. Hope she can figure out how to wear them. Something about pinching her index finger with her thumb. I don't get it.

Feb 4, 2013
Durability and comfort are probably the two main things we are looking for in gloves. She plays TB and hs ball and hits probably 6 days a week. She has started burning through gloves a lot faster and getting some nasty blisters.

Dec 11, 2010
We hit quite a bit. Finch Premier G3 lasted since September, just ordered more.

The Turbo Slot gloves did not work for us although people I respect recommended them.

Will look at The Claw next time. Sounds scary!

Jul 19, 2012
Without a doubt the best gloves for durability and protection are Rawlings 950T Workhorse glove. Not the most attractive but definitely worth the money. The newer Rawlings Workhorse 1050T are not as durable however, they are more stylish.

My daughter hits 6 days a week and has been through most manufacturers. The Rawlings Workhorse comes in many colors.

These glove last. No other glove has even approached the quality and durability.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Batting gloves are a lot like golf gloves, not matter how nice a pair you buy, they are still going to wear out and split on the pad of the thumb. Therefore, I buy them off Ebay and usually pay $10-15 for a pair and they typically last a season.

PS - my DD chooses her batting gloves based on the color scheme vs. the price or quality......

Oct 10, 2011
DD loves her Turboslot gloves and we buy them off ebay when we see them going cheap about 2 times a year.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I have heard nothing but good things about the Turbo Slot gloves by Easton. Just ordered a pair for my DD so I hope to leave some feedback soon. Seems like they are widely misused, though. Hope she can figure out how to wear them. Something about pinching her index finger with her thumb. I don't get it.

Most put the bat handle on the pad located right below the index finger. The proper way is to place the bat handle before the pad closer to the index finger bend. Where the index finger meets the plam. You will get the pinch of the index finger thumb pinch. I will try and get a pic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32