bat speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
On a recruiting questionnaire we were looking at, it said to list bat speed if it was one of your strengths, which brought to mind...what is good bat speed. I agree it is just a tool but a fun tool at least:) We've only tried it one time for about 5 minutes and DD (15) was able to swing 68mph several times with her 28oz Ultimate Weapon, and I could hit 73 consistently. I'd like to see how the weight of the bats affects it also.

Nice bat to swing.

Where these ball exit speeds?

Oct 10, 2011
True ... improving sequence generally results in faster bat speed.

Improving bat speed in itself does not necessarily improve sequence.

Bottom line ... pay attention to the sequence when working on bat speed.

Working on the Sequence is our main project this winter. Swingbuilder is helping review video etc...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
IM ... if you are into performing nightly dry swings with wood, then consider the Mizuno 32-in/34-oz training bat. It's excellent ... the short length provides plenty of control, and the weight feels near perfect for training with for that length.
homerun-mizuno-baseball-bat-340241-maple-training-bat.jpg

Oct 10, 2011
IM ... if you are into performing nightly dry swings with wood, then consider the Mizuno 32-in/34-oz training bat. It's excellent ... the short length provides plenty of control, and the weight feels near perfect for training with for that length.
homerun-mizuno-baseball-bat-340241-maple-training-bat.jpg

Nice and cheap:) I assume that would be fine for front toss also...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Nice and cheap:) I assume that would be fine for front toss also...

Yes ... I use it for front-toss, BP in the cages and barrel throwing (I like to throw barrels). While plenty durable (it's maple), my last one eventually cracked while hitting off a pitching machine ... now have it taped up and use it primarily for dry swings. Plan to get another to use for BP.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
overload training

Before I pull the trigger on this bat. ..One more question:)
Didn't I read somewhere that some studies say that using a heavy bat can slow swing speed... or was that just If used for warm up before batting in a game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g