Bat Roller

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
Rolled bat = cheating. In the slow pitch world, any guy with a bat rolling machine would be ostracized.

Amy,

You are exactly right. Bat rolling is one of the major reasons that the SLOWPITCH game is going to the shitter. I'm 6'6" and 270 lbs and I've never needed any cheats to be ale to be mash any ball, let alone one coming in @ a whopping 15mph. When somebody "rolls" a bat it affects not just themselves but others on the field. The ball flies of a rolled like the old titanium bats that killed people and were banned, thank god. Instead of looking for a quick fix, how about people put in the work to better themselves/their kids, it's far more rewarding.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't think that an RT is a bat that is rolled. Rolling complies to composites (again, I think.)

I only know what I read on SoftballFans and since it isn't something I am interested in doing, don't take my word as gospel.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I've never known anyone to use a rolled bat or anything of the sorts, however, I did hear a story about a girl getting ejected from a HS game for an altered bat. (Varsity game, I was on JV at the time and don't know the whole story)

I wouldn't use them, I wouldn't touch them. It is cheating, it shouldn't be done.

Oct 21, 2009
Ask the MLB players. Corked bats, pine tar on caps, steroids, etc... Everyone wants to be a winner and they want to be one now. This is the fast food generation, we want success but we don't want to wait for it.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Can you date that report? Was it before or after the loop hole "claimed" by the manufacturers that they were not aware the maximum bat exit speed was to be for the bat's lifetime and not just the prototype new out of the wrapper? Dr. Russell's out of Kettering since ASA changed the method of testing have included this not.

Sure, any ABI technique is going to increase the comparable immediate performance, but allegedly, that same level could be attained through usage. But the real point is that you are referencing Barrel Compression Technique which is not the same as rolling a bat.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I don't think that an RT is a bat that is rolled. Rolling complies to composites (again, I think.)

I only know what I read on SoftballFans and since it isn't something I am interested in doing, don't take my word as gospel.

Your right, rolling a RT will not do any good. They are not composite bats.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Can you date that report? Was it before or after the loop hole "claimed" by the manufacturers that they were not aware the maximum bat exit speed was to be for the bat's lifetime and not just the prototype new out of the wrapper? Dr. Russell's out of Kettering since ASA changed the method of testing have included this not.

Sure, any ABI technique is going to increase the comparable immediate performance, but allegedly, that same level could be attained through usage. But the real point is that you are referencing Barrel Compression Technique which is not the same as rolling a bat.

I would say go to the site and read into what you choose and the dates and data is provided.

Oct 25, 2009
Your right, rolling a RT will not do any good. They are not composite bats.

You don't roll metal bats; you shave them. They take the end cap off and shave the inside of the bat.

You can also shave the inside of a composite in addition to rolling.

Either way, it increases the speed of the ball off the bat.

Cheating is despicable and unnecessarily endangering kids is criminal!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma