Frustration with composite bats - material inside breaks apart far too soon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
Mixed bag even among same brand/model.

1 ghost dual stamp lasted nearly a year. The replacement about a month. They both broke at the connection point. She does use her game bat in the cage and with tee work so that probably doesn’t help durability wise. No dimpled machine balls though. She uses a couple of old xenos for that.

So long as easton or whatever manufacturer wants to back it up on warranty then I'm good with it.

If you're salty because you're buying used and it breaks on you...well..you pay your money you take your chances. Don't know what else to tell you.

The old 2014 xenos are decent bats that we've had good luck with...look for ones with the original grip and the barrel that isn't all jacked up with chips. You can find them used for $50 if you're patient. I bought a few and 1 did break...but not a bad bat to have just in case. Recommend your back up bat swings very similar to your main bat.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
From a PM exchange just in case someone is looking for more info on the warranty deal through Visa for after the bats manufacturer warranty...

Link:

Extended Warranty Protection
Learn everything you need to know about extended warranty with Visa. Find out how warranty protection works, limitations, claims and much more.
usa.visa.com
usa.visa.com

Its a truly awesome thing that people aren’t aware of. Bats are covered under “sports equipment “. It takes a little time but it’s really worth it. You don’t have to do anything up front other than keep the purchase receipt and the credit card statement and go online to print the manufacturers warranty.

Since bats have a one year warranty they are covered for an additional year.

I need to print out my card statements for the year for all of my purchases- I’m going to try to take advantage of this as much as possible for all kinds of products. The statements get purged after a year or 16 months or something like that

I think this information (and any other warranty tips and tricks) needs to be part of a Bat Warranty sticky somewhere on this forum. It's really important and useful and shouldn't be buried a few pages into a thread that many might never see.

Dec 11, 2010
Is this a blanket warranty for all Visa cards or certain types of Visa cards?
I believe it is available on all Visa cards.

If you click on the blue letters it’s a hot link. I believe MasterCard has the same but I stick with Visa.

May 1, 2018
Little rattle usually means the bat is getting hot. Keep swinging and have a spare in case you get a picky ump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802