Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Lots to unpack. Here's a simple theory.
Wile E Coyote gets a rubber band and stretches against it as far as he can, then let's go. Zooom. The band contracts and Wile E. takes off.
Now take Wile E. and after he stretches the band as far as he can, pull the front anchor point violently with a large force. The band will stretch more than Wile E. could stretch it by himself.
Now stretch the band and then as the band reaches it's limit and the front anchor us moved, have Wile E. run against the pull of the band.

Turn the shoulders back against a forward moving and gently is opening front hip via external rotation of the rear leg. Creates stretch on the core.
At launch, push the front leg rearward against the pelvis to create a more forceful turn. Simultaneously, throw the barrel rearward via tTB to create an even bigger stretch. Then contract the core against the left turn pull of the pelvis to catch up with the hips.

Anchoring the rear leg only stops the pelvis from rotating.
What stretch does it create and where would the energy be released?

Check out how the forward movement of the rear leg after it leaves the ground, the contraction of the femoris rectus pulls against the sacrum to counter rotate it so the spine can rotate.

I really feel like you are trolling with this post but if you aren’t, I will just say that the muscled up rotate as fast as you can swing, will never play......... good luck .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I really feel like you are trolling with this post but if you aren’t, I will just say that the muscled up rotate as fast as you can swing, will never play......... good luck .

being wrong is tough for some as you have noticed by now. I admire your effort. Leave it alone. They will find it on their own eventually. Or maybe not. You tried.

Jul 29, 2013

Not trolling. Trying to keep it simplistic sometimes.
Re-read the post as I edited it with more info.
If you don't appreciate my effort, let me know and I won't waste my time on you.

Feb 25, 2020
Doesn't let go.
He's not changing the rotational radius, no extension to slow rotational speed (angular momentum is conserved). So he loses his balance and regains it by adjusting the front foot. Babe Ruth used to do the same and fell down as a result.

He's pulling it around that way?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619