Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Swinging down

N1rb0EQ.gif

Jul 29, 2013
This is what I have been saying ever since I made the discovery when prompted by Julray. I knew just swing down alone wasn't it. There was this chopping, but where and how. I found by lucky experimenting that I could chop from the bat lag position and my swing was awesome and effortless. So there had to be two big concepts, get to bat lag and then chop. Chop means direct path, straight to the ball as possible. No loop, nothing but straight and direct.

The Ortiz video blast video really describes it all. Get to bat lag and chop. Notice how from the bat lag position he is on a direct path to the ball already.

View attachment 17714
Can you post the stills from the 3 or 4 frames before and after this "lag" position, please? I want to see how long he maintains the "lag" position and the bat path to lag and from lag to the ball.
Can you, please?

Jul 29, 2013

All I see in the video and the stills that could be created from it is that the "lag" position is only a freeze frame of a specific point along the circular path to the ball. The bat doesn't "lag" in a high level swing.
I going to freeze a frame of a different position and call it the "z" position just to show that taking things out of context can distort what's really happening.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
All I see in the video and the stills that could be created from it is that the "lag" position is only a freeze frame of a specific point along the circular path to the ball. The bat doesn't "lag" in a high level swing.
I going to freeze a frame of a different position and call it the "z" position just to show that taking things out of context can distort what's really happening.
no wrist deviation at 0:50 when the barrel is pointing straight back? Has to be because the forearms are ahead of the elbow.

May 3, 2014
:56 side view hands have passed rear hip and barrel still above hands. Definitely radial deviation at this point. Barrel has not been released yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi