Bat Drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
...Many batters with bat lag will drop their hands as their first move and create bat lag....

Just so we don't confuse people; bat lag (hands in front of the back elbow) is good, and is a sign of a good swing.

AlbertPujols_2006_025.jpg

Bat drag (both elbows in front of the hands) is bad.

Example_BatDrag_007.jpg

May 13, 2008
One Knee Drill - Place a pad on the ground and have the batter kneel on the ground with their back leg while extending the other leg out front for balance. Now you can just focus on what the hands are doing.

Reverse Top Hand - Get your hitter into their stance. Now take the top (rear arm) hand and turn it upside down on the grip. The back elbow is now up and even with the back shoulder. Take a swing and release the top hand at contact.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I agree with this statement. This is why this is a hard issue to break with some kids. You really have to break them down and build back up.

I hit the breaking point before my dd. She starts hitting lessons tomorrow night!

May 12, 2008
where do I begin to correct this?

By putting aside the temptation to look for a cue or a quick fix. Decide if you like Englishbey, Yeager, Right View etc, then dig in for study. Once you and others think you have a handle on it post your DD's swing and ask for guidance.

May 28, 2008
One Knee Drill - Place a pad on the ground and have the batter kneel on the ground with their back leg while extending the other leg out front for balance. Now you can just focus on what the hands are doing.

Reverse Top Hand - Get your hitter into their stance. Now take the top (rear arm) hand and turn it upside down on the grip. The back elbow is now up and even with the back shoulder. Take a swing and release the top hand at contact.

Thanks will begin tonight and will also post some video.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13