Basketball hitting drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
Absolutely!

My issue with the drill is that I have to continuously remind hitters about the function of the wrists when doing something like this. In a large group, as I walk around the cage, a hitter can go without proper feedback and drift to a muscling approach. IMO this drill needs continuous watching and feedback.

Thanks. I found this video and was interested since I already knew that most on this board frowned upon it. But , it seems that your analysis presents caution for a different reason than most others.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thanks. I found this video and was interested since I already knew that most on this board frowned upon it. But , it seems that your analysis presents caution for a different reason than most others.

Somewhat similar caution ... people that perform this drill to strengthen their wrists are often using their wrists incorrectly. This drill 'can' cause people to muscle their wrists ... and degrade valuable whip-like action ... and it can lead to pain in the wrists .... and IMO that pain is your 'friend', in that it is telling you that you are doing something incorrect.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
They are using mini balls which is much different than the above video and they appear to be inflated. In part of the video it seems they are doing opposite field work, any value to that?

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Wow look at the slow mo of FFS video and watch her follow through, goes almost straight back over the top of her shoulder after she thuds the ball

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00