Baseball or fastpitch catcher's mitt for Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Soooo which glove did you decide the op should get LOL
I’m not sure, I have a much more solid foundation on recommending fielders gloves, unless the kid is 8-10, then I suck at it, toddlers seem to not like Horween!

Catchers mitts I’ve owned….couple of Vinci’s and a All-Star CMW3000. If I were buying for me this time around again it would be another All-Star or a true custom HOH like @Travis Lassiter. The custom he ordered his DD was straight fire!

My CMW3000 was just such a comfortable mitt!

I had to go back and see who the OP was, should have figured? 🙄🙄😝

With @LEsoftballdad’s means I’m really disappointed he didn’t build himself a true one-off custom Rawlings! 🙄 What a let down!

Sep 1, 2021
Why did you say that? I love Vinci catchers mitts!!
I was just having fun picturing your reaction over some of the leather/lace colors I was looking at.

It was your support of Vinci that led me in that direction. I looked at the All Star too but it was only available with the blonde leather/lace at the time.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I was just having fun picturing your reaction over some of the leather/lace colors I was looking at.

It was your support of Vinci that led me in that direction. I looked at the All Star too but it was only available with the blonde leather/lace at the time.
I almost went with the 35" All-Star mitt. The reason I didn't was simply cost. Even with my cost, it was $80 more for the All-Star versus the Heart of The Hide.

Sep 1, 2021
For those of you that have broken in a catcher's mitt for a bucket dad that has never used one before and doesn't have a preference, did you break it with the hinge at the center of the heel or pinky side?
Or a dual hinge?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
Late to the party, but another vote for the Vinci here. DD throws in the mid-50’s, so she’s not blasting the glove, but mine has held up great going on six years.

They are very stiff due to the padding, but worth the break-in time. The stalls are snug, but comfortable for an average-sized hand.

And the pop! When she hits it just right it sounds like a gunshot. Very satisfying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For those of you that have broken in a catcher's mitt for a bucket dad that has never used one before and doesn't have a preference, did you break it with the hinge at the center of the heel or pinky side?
Or a dual hinge?
Most of the time, the mitt will dictate which way you break it in. Most of the higher-end mitts are dual hinges now, so the single isn't even an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog