Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I posted a couple weeks ago after watching KB in action and understanding what's happening here, I saw my first replanter live. Actually my 14YO DD spotted her. Pitching in a 12U game... no calls. Had I been the opposing coach, I would have asked blue what's up with that. She looked like a mini-KB.

Feb 7, 2013
I posted a couple weeks ago after watching KB in action and understanding what's happening here, I saw my first replanter live. Actually my 14YO DD spotted her. Pitching in a 12U game... no calls. Had I been the opposing coach, I would have asked blue what's up with that. She looked like a mini-KB.

Go to any large 12U fastpitch tournament (e.g. PGF, ASA, TCS, USSSA, etc.) and you will see plenty of illegal mechanics that are rarely if ever called (and never with any kind of consistency). This is the breeding ground for illegal mechanics, and once ingrained, very difficult to make the necessary changes by the time the pitcher is in high school and college. That is one of the biggest reasons why you see so many illegal mechanics in college (too difficult to fix once established and never enforced by the umpires). It's a cycle that's been happening every year in fastpitch for at least a decade.

Feb 7, 2013
I never said that Barnhill was the only elite pitcher who knowingly cheats. Once again you are offering nothing but distractions. Barnhill is arguably the worst of the worst, and the topic of the thread. If you wish feel free to start anther thread listing the others.

We do have another pitching thread re: Ole Miss vs LSU thread where you said the following when I listed about 10 other elite pitchers that pitch illegally you responded with this:

riseball - "There is a HUGE difference between a pitcher who happens to be illegal (emphasis added) and one who is a blatant cheater. Comparing one with another is just a desperate attempt to promote a self serving fantasy of changing the rules of the game. Most have moved past enabling one persons poor behavior with that of another and agree that people should simply be held accountable. There are two distinct schools of thought. One wants the game to be played with integrity and for players to be held accountable. The other want to embrace and accommodate cheats. No different than society as a whole. Just keep it at 17 inches. No need to dumb down the game. No need to create a safe space for cheats."

https://www.discussfastpitch.com/pl...oftball-2017-sec-softball-championship-2.html

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
We do have another pitching thread re: Ole'Miss vs LSU thread where you said the following when I listed about 10 other elite pitchers that pitch illegally you responded with this:

riseball - "There is a HUGE difference between a pitcher who happens to be illegal (emphasis added) and one who is a blatant cheater. Comparing one with another is just a desperate attempt to promote a self serving fantasy of changing the rules of the game. Most have moved past enabling one persons poor behavior with that of another and agree that people should simply be held accountable. There are two distinct schools of thought. One wants the game to be played with integrity and for players to be held accountable. The other want to embrace and accommodate cheats. No different than society as a whole. Just keep it at 17 inches. No need to dumb down the game. No need to create a safe space for cheats."

https://www.discussfastpitch.com/pl...oftball-2017-sec-softball-championship-2.html

And your point is....not sure why you struggle with this? Others seem to get it straight away.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
And your point is....not sure why you struggle with this? Others seem to get it straight away.

The suggestion by some members here is you have a bias against Barnhill because she pitches in the SEC, so the question is, one more time, is she the only elite pitcher in D1 for whom you feel is a cheater?

Go to any large 12U fastpitch tournament (e.g. PGF, ASA, TCS, USSSA, etc.) and you will see plenty of illegal mechanics that are rarely if ever called (and never with any kind of consistency). This is the breeding ground for illegal mechanics, and once ingrained, very difficult to make the necessary changes by the time the pitcher is in high school and college. That is one of the biggest reasons why you see so many illegal mechanics in college (too difficult to fix once established and never enforced by the umpires). It's a cycle that's been happening every year in fastpitch for at least a decade.

I saw more illegal pitches called in the last 2 weeks at a couple local U-trip tournaments than I've seen all year in NCAA. The girl I saw locally is a pitcher for one of the premier orgs around. I'm sure her coaches know she's not legal, but none of the local umpires are going to call a girl who pitches for Big Time Local Fastpitch. That's with 2 umps. At rec, one guy behind the plate isn't gonna make that call, not knowing that this girl pitches for BTLF. So he lets it go. The U-trip guys let it go. Then before you know it, you have a KB. Doesn't make it any less illegal.

So what if it's too difficult to fix? I say fix it or play left field.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
The suggestion by some members here is you have a bias against Barnhill because she pitches in the SEC,
I CANNOT STAND TO WATCH A GAME WHERE SHE IS PITCHING! I don't care what "some here" come up with for excusing this, she is pitching illegally, getting away with it, therefore she is cheating. I enjoy watching florida play with Gourley or Acasio pitching. I also find Carlson (auburn) frustrating to watch.
now you have these two regular cheaters, but then they call Megan Prince for a minor infraction at a key point in an important game? I call B.S.!!
What.A.Joke.

Sep 10, 2013
The suggestion by some members here is you have a bias against Barnhill because she pitches in the SEC, so the question is, one more time, is she the only elite pitcher in D1 for whom you feel is a cheater?

do you have some vested interest in barnhill, carlson, silkwood and all else that pitch illegally? why are you so much in defense of them?
just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01