Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Riseball, If I knew how to drag a quote from the "On ESPN Now, Florida (1) vs Alabama (14)", here is your lack of "integrity" shining through.

"That will bring Ocasio into the game very quickly. Unlike Barnhill and Gourley she is a true athlete and a beast on defense."

That is YOUR words riseball. Integrity. look in the mirror. just stop it. your words are way worse than anything Ms. Barnhill has ever done in the circle when it comes to MORALS. Goodness, Thanks.

You are taking my post somewhat out of context which had nothing to do with pitching, but fielding ability. My comment was not about Barnhill but the great athletic ability of Ocasio. Barnhill is obviously an athlete. But athleticism is relative and few if any pitchers approach that of Ocasio. I apologize for the misunderstanding. :)

Apr 12, 2013
You are taking my post somewhat out of context which had nothing to do with pitching, but fielding ability. My comment was not about Barnhill but the great athletic ability of Ocasio. Barnhill is obviously an athlete. But athleticism is relative and few if any pitchers approach that of Ocasio. I apologize for the misunderstanding. :)

out of context? c'mon man. you clearly state she is NOT A TRUE ATHLETE. this has nothing to do with pitching OR fielding specifically, so there is no context other than you calling an amateur athlete not a true athlete, better yet, you call the PLAYER OF THE YEAR not a true athelete. you clearly have a bone to pick, and now I do too.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
That will bring Ocasio into the game very quickly. Unlike Barnhill and Gourley she is a true athlete and a beast on defense.
out of context? c'mon man. you clearly state she is NOT A TRUE ATHLETE. this has nothing to do with pitching OR fielding specifically, so there is no context other than you calling an amateur athlete not a true athlete, better yet, you call the PLAYER OF THE YEAR not a true athelete. you clearly have a bone to pick, and now I do too.

Again I apologize for the confusion. Maybe the word complete instead of true would have been more appropriate. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

ETA - I have revised the post to not cause any further offense.

May 20, 2016
While i don't condone IP, it's only illegal if it gets called. All sports the boundaries are pushed to the extreme to gain competitive advantage. It seems over the past few years college sb has been getting more air play, which means they are increasing revenues, which in reality is what the colleges are after in their athletic programs.

And really there is so much IP going on now that it seems it is more common than not in college.

Don't think people should blame the athletes, they are just taking what a system is giving them.

One of the more famous quotes from a polarizing character was "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin"

Apr 12, 2013
Again I apologize for the confusion. Maybe the word complete instead of true would have been more appropriate. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

ETA - I have revised the post to not cause any further offense.

People with Integrity dont take back/edit their words. Why? Because it's instilled in them, a character trait. They don't make hasty comments about someone trying to prove a point, they walk the walk and talk the talk. You have said well enough. You are the epitome of what integrity is not.

Jun 19, 2013
Actually the opposite is true. Again, sorry for any confusion or offense. :)

Love this answer!! because ain't that the truth. Although in this case those of us who read you all the time, and read that entire thread, knew what you were saying because it was in context. And we aren't on here solely to villianize you. But cool of you to go above and beyond to be clearer.

Feb 7, 2013
While i don't condone IP, it's only illegal if it gets called. All sports the boundaries are pushed to the extreme to gain competitive advantage. It seems over the past few years college sb has been getting more air play, which means they are increasing revenues, which in reality is what the colleges are after in their athletic programs.

And really there is so much IP going on now that it seems it is more common than not in college.

Don't think people should blame the athletes, they are just taking what a system is giving them.

One of the more famous quotes from a polarizing character was "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin"

I actually don't agree with this way of thinking...IMO, if you are not playing by the rules then it is cheating...

With that said, my larger point all along is that the pitching regulations and enforcement is a broken system that has been this way for more than a decade. Simply the rules so all pitchers can be in compliance (e.g. allow the girls/women to pitch like the men), have an equal opportunity to perform using the same mechanics as all of the other pitchers and enforce these new pitching regulations at all levels of the game (8u, TB, HS, D1, NPF, National team). I firmly believe the governing bodies will change the pitching regulations in the next several years, at least I am crossing my fingers....

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Love this answer!! because ain't that the truth. Although in this case those of us who read you all the time, and read that entire thread, knew what you were saying because it was in context. And we aren't on here solely to villianize you. But cool of you to go above and beyond to be clearer.

Thanks [MENTION=9061]Classof2020[/MENTION]. I will be the first to admit if I do not get it exactly right. I mean at one point I was convinced that a riseball could actually rise. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207