Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2013
Yes!!! You got it!!! :)

Not how often, but what they do that is illegal. Little leap versus huge leap, replant, etc. All illegal, one providing no advantage, the other significant advantage.

My DD will often work 67-69mph throwing legally. If she intentionally leaps, really explodes that jumps to low 70's. By any measure what would be a significant advantage.

case closed :)

what i would really hate to see is a bunch of new pitchers leaping and replanting like the hulk because they know they won't be called for as long as they DOMINATE and play for the SEC.

do you want that? i don't. I spoke to my DD more than once about 'just leap' they won't call it and my DD had the DIGNITY to say, no dad, that would be WRONG.

someone on this thread said he would tell his players to leave 1st base early and keep leaving early as long as it doesn't get called. Really? you would outright violate rules to get ahead? YOU SHOULD NOT BE COACHING! call me naive, but sorry, not my principles and that applies not just to softball, but everything else in life.

And trust me, in the 'real world' where it is NOT JUST A GAME, that could REALLY SCREW YOU UP and sometimes there is NO button to select 'Play Another Game?'

yes, as Stitch would say Naga Puchifa - or as translated Nobody's perfect, but to purposely do something that you <B>CAN</B> control but know goes against the rules just because you know you can gain a competitive advantage and not get caught , whether or not it is in sports or in any aspect of your life is simply appalling.

Last edited:
May 8, 2017
No, I have always been consistent that illegal is illegal. It is binary. You either are or you are not. But again there are aggravating circumstances beyond just being illegal. It is Barhnills intent and the advantage she attains that makes her behavior egregious. Think of it like speeding. If the limit is 70 anything over 70 is speeding and illegal. Lee is driving 71-72. Barnhill is doing 120+ weaving in and out of traffic.

You are helping make my point. You are now saying that Barnhill is just more effective being illegal than the other kids that are illegal. They are both illegal. Doesn't matter that one can throw 70 or the other 60. They are both illegal.
Is lee more effective squeezing an extra 2-3 mph being illegal ? Of course she is. Is Osario? Yes. They are all more effective.
You for some reason are only focused on Barnhill. And for that reason all your Holier than thou about the game, rules and integrity makes your argument sound hollow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2013
And with all this said, if in Barnhill's junior and senior year she wanted to transfer to another college, EVERY team in the SEC and PAC 12 would take her in a NY minute.....case closed....

May 8, 2017
IP's are they symptom, the issue is the integrity of the game. Consider the following:

1) She knows that what she is doing is illegal.
2) She does so to gain a competitive advantage.
3) She does so because she expects she will not get caught.
4) She is dominating the game due to her illegal actions.
5) She is rewarded by the media and the NCAA for her illegal actions.
6) Plays for Florida
7) Righthanded
8) Wears a mask
9) Number #11

Please tell me of another player in the game where all 9 apply.

Fixed it for you

May 8, 2017
And with all this said, if in Barnhill's junior and senior year she wanted to transfer to another college, EVERY team in the SEC and PAC 12 would take her in a NY minute.....case closed....

Exactly, and any of these posters would root for her if she played for "their" team

May 8, 2017
How wrong you are ....and really shows, "You just don't get it"

No I get it. I am waiting patiently on the numerous posts and pages of replies on the multitudes of the other pitchers who are illegal.
By singling out one of them it is apparent that a lot of people "don't get it".

It would be interesting to see a bunch of mid-major pitchers start next spring pitching like KB and see how many of them at No Name U in the Big Little Conference get called for IPs.

"Hey Blue, we're just copying the POY from last year"

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
What I "get" is that I work with several kids per year and often tell them I've based what I teach by studying the world's best pitchers of all time. Right now, Barnhill is touted as THE best pitcher in the NCAA. She admits that what she does is outside the rules. This puts me in a bind when I talk to kids, parents and coaches who want to know why I don't teach the leap and replant style. One of the reasons Barnhill is getting all this DFP attention is because many folks here are passionate about what they teach. If you don't like the koolaid...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01