Balancing softball/life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
My DD is probably playing her last summer of tourney ball. DD will play in college and may 'guess' play for her old tourney team here and there. I will be sad. I have spent every weekend watching her play softball for a long time. I will miss it a lot. So, think about that.......

DD1 and DW are on their 2 week road trip. DD1 worked her college camp and got fitted for uniforms. DW sent me a pic of DD1 in her new college jersey. Kind of hit me then and there. We won't see a lot of her college games in person. Plus we have DD2 to keep us busy for 5 more years until she goes to college. PGF will be her last TB games. 12's and 18's play at same time so we will be together every night.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
I have 1 DD. I only get to do this once. I'm not missing anything.

I can play golf when it's all over.

Yeah, that was my first thought on this as well. This group of guys and I used to play in a golf league every Wed night for several years. Great time with them every time. Fun to party with, and fun to golf with. Haven't seen most of them for more than a year because our golf course that we played at closed down. We didn't join another league due to travel times between everyone's houses. Only reason I am going, or it wouldn't even be a thought.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This got me choked up thinking about it!
I get stuck working a lot on Saturdays and it kills me, especially since I'm in rdbass's situation. DD's even getting sentimental lately and texted out of now where that "I love going to the park and practicing with you."
I wouldn't miss any game if I didn't have to because it goes so fast. I do plan on taking the camper out a heck of a lot more when she's off to college!

This got me choked up thinking about it!
Now you got my allergies acting up. At least we'll have the new college games experiences to look forward too.:eek:
I'll just have to figure out what to do with my free summer because I know DD isn't going to want to practice everyday.....Any one need a hitting coach.;)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Yep, the balance is totally on DD and DS until... well until at least through college probably sports or no sports.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
How does everyone, as parents, balance always being at the softball field every weekend versus doing your own activities? I personally love being at the field, love watching the game, love watching DD play. DW...not so much. She is not too thrilled that every weekend from beginning of June to the end of July is booked.

DDs team has been playing well lately. Mid B level team. Won a small tournament last weekend. Playing in a tournament with 13 teams in our age group this coming weekend. Obviously don't have a schedule yet for bracket play on Sunday. Friend of mine asked me to play golf Sunday. I told him, at first, that I would have to check softball schedule, and thought about it for a while. I decided to go ahead and golf. Haven't seen this group of guys, other than my good friend, for more than a year.

So, my question/dilemma is this.....Should I feel guilty about missing games on Sunday? Would you feel guilty about missing games on Sunday??? DD only has two more seasons of softball then it will be over, so I try to be there as much as possible.

The only person who can answer this question is you, and only you. Otherwise, you are only seeking justification.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Now you got my allergies acting up. At least we'll have the new college games experiences to look forward too.:eek:
I'll just have to figure out what to do with my free summer because I know DD isn't going to want to practice everyday.....Any one need a hitting coach.;)

I will be looking you up :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi