Balance While Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
My daughter is shifting her weight to her front foot while hitting. She doesn't do it in the cage, but when she gets in games it is extremely prominent. How can she fix it?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
It's good to shift your weight to the front foot. That is the weight-bearing foot during the swing. You just don't want your weight ''over'' the front foot. That would be lunging. Weight should remain centered, IMO.

I'm not the best at giving solutions, but it helped my daughter to understand that when the front foot (or heel) comes back down during the stride (aka weight shift forward) that the hips do not continue forward. They are busy rotating. Understanding and practicing that sequence helped.

Not sure if that's a solution or just a definition of the problem, though.

Jan 25, 2011
My daughter is shifting her weight to her front foot while hitting. She doesn't do it in the cage, but when she gets in games it is extremely prominent. How can she fix it?

your not telling to keep her weight on her back leg are you? Because if you are then your wrong. You shift your weight to the front and like coogansbluff said not over the front. In a lot of high level swings the back foot comes off the ground. You will get a lot of good advice here thats for sure.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

Is she shifting THEN swinging (bad) or shifting WITH swing (good).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207