Backyard Pitching Machine??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
Does anyone have a lightweight pitching machine setup that they recommend? Currently looking at the fence buster or the heater power alley both are around 300 and i would like to stay in that range.

Thanks in advance...

Oct 9, 2013
I would like it to get around 60. If not, i figure that i can move it closer to simulate the velocity.

May 31, 2009
We have one of these for the tunnels when we want to bunt. It can really zip the ball at its fastest setting and is light weight compared to the full size models.

Amazon.com : ATEC Power Streak Baseball / Softball Training Machine, 110-Volt : Baseball Pitching Machines : Sports & Outdoors

I've been thinking of getting one of these pitching machines. Can the Power Streak throw real baseballs and softballs? Can you tell me what the furthest distance it can throw to and what is the mph speed on the slowest setting?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I've been thinking of getting one of these pitching machines. Can the Power Streak throw real baseballs and softballs? Can you tell me what the furthest distance it can throw to and what is the mph speed on the slowest setting?

No. It only uses the softies such as softlites. We have only used it at a distance of 43' so I don't know the longest distance it will actually travel but I can tell you on the "10" setting the ball really moves so I'm thinking you should be able to take it back to 70' or so and still have good velocity for pitching. I wouldn't recommend taking it outside for use in the outfield with the lightweight balls due to wind. The lowest setting of 1 I would guess you're going to get around 15mph but I've never gunned the different settings so it's just a guess.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2013
Yocoach...i noticed it advertises throwing curveballs. Im guessing that is for baseball? Also...have you tried it outdoors at all?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
When set up properly it can be used for either. Outdoors on a slightly windy day, it's fine if you are going to use the faster settings. On a really windy day it plays heck with the lighter balls though. We tried it for outfield use outdoors once on a really windy day and it was a disaster. So now we keep it mostly indoors except on mild days.

Since then we have purchased two of these which use the dimple balls for use outdoors when we work the outfielders.

Amazon.com : Baseline Pitching Machine By Firstpitch Baseball Softball Combo : Baseball Pitching Training Aids : Sports & Outdoors

We don't use these for hitting outdoors though. We prefer live pitching or front toss from behind a screen.

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
I have no experience with it, never seen it used, but LS makes a red pitching machine that is supposedly an upgrade to the "blue flame" geared to softball. It has the underhand motion but I dont know velocity etc. Requires no electric and is very portable. May check it out

Mar 24, 2015
I have an Atec Rookie machine that is excellent not only for using as a pitching machine but also for grounders /flyballs/catchers/ etc. Cost os about $1600 new and you can use dimpled or regular 12" balls. I have about 3 dozen dimpled balls to include. Heck of a deal at $525. You can youtube atec rookie. I have 2 of them and just dont need them both. Works perfectly!

Shane
352-27two-040

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish