Dead hit bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2018
My problem is that I have access to a pitching machine and I'd like to use it in my relatively small back yard without breaking windows or sending balls over the fence. I don't want to pay for / use up space with a batting cage net if I can help it.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a bat that when used to hit a real softball or pitching machine ball, gives in a way that limits how far the ball travels. It would likely need a soft barrel (think dead blow hammer) and some type of spring dampening system that would let the barrel travel back on contact to take the distance out of the ball.

Probably a long shot, but if anyone knows you guys would.

Thanks!

Jan 25, 2022
Lite flight balls still travel a good bit. They're just...light.

It wouldn't involve the machine, but if you werent aware, there are contact balls that go hardly anywhere when hit. They're good for small area hitting practice and learning to swing through. I've hit a ball over the 200' fence off a tee with a cheap bat, but I've never hit a contact ball farther than about 30-40ft, despite my best efforts. I forget what brand I have, but this is the same thing as far as I can tell.

Amazon product ASIN B07LBT85NB

Mar 10, 2018
I do have some limited flight balls I can throw by hand I was just looking for some that would go with a pitching machine. Thanks for the comment though!

Apr 25, 2019
I do have some limited flight balls I can throw by hand I was just looking for some that would go with a pitching machine. Thanks for the comment though!

I have about 15-20 light flight balls I'd be willing to donate. Shoot me a message and let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812