Pitching machine leather balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2018
Looking for leather outer foam pitching machine balls for our Hack Attacks. Anyone find any that are worth the price? Currently using regular leather balls. Not interesed in dimples.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I'm not an expert but my understanding is using regular softballs in the wheeled pitching machine is bad for both the wheel's expected life span and the softball's expected life span.

Jan 8, 2019
Baden Ballistic Kevlar seemed balls do well. Fair warning, they have a little more of a slow pitch ball feel, and miss-hits can be unforgiving, both on the girl’s hands and the bats. The seems are relatively low, but you will see some good movement from them. The wheels seem to be tolerating them fairly well, also.

I think there is another Kevlar stitched ball out there, but have never used it. Also, once the season approached last year, the Badens were out of stock pretty quickly, and for a very long time. I know some of the colleges use them for their Hack Attack cage work.
Looks like you might be able to find some moderately priced on the big A.

Jul 27, 2021
The Hack Attack works great with real leather balls. Probably the best choice with that machine. The smoother seam balls provide better consistency. Life of the balls is the same as any other practice use.

MLB spring training uses real baseballs.

Feb 14, 2019
We've been using a couple dozen of the Diamond brand machine pitch softballs for several years now and they have held up really well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles