Back to work and open stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
Thanks lhowser...the feedback is greatly appreciated. We'll work on the things that you pointed out.

Last edited:
May 12, 2014
Ok, we've closed her stance up a lot more. Is this a better variation?

[video]https://youtu.be/a6d-9sDtRiU[/video]

May 24, 2013
So Cal
cbullard - I would suggest putting a lot of work on improving her sequence. Currently, she using an all-back/all-forward pattern, which is not ideal. Compare the timing and direction of her hands and front foot movements to this...
Miggy_060315.gif

What we want to see is the hands and front foot moving in opposite directions to create separation/stretch prior to launch.

Also, her extension through the ball is severely cut off, and the bat makes a quick left-turn around her body. What we want to see is the bat being whipped/thrown OUT FROM the rear shoulder, and the arms extending forward (towards the pitcher). IMO, back-chaining from extension may be helpful for this issue.

May 12, 2014
Thanks Eric. Definitely working on that cutoff. Sometimes she'll get really good extension and other times she cuts it off....especially on inside pitches.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
cbullard - I would suggest putting a lot of work on improving her sequence. Currently, she using an all-back/all-forward pattern, which is not ideal. Compare the timing and direction of her hands and front foot movements to this...
Miggy_060315.gif

What we want to see is the hands and front foot moving in opposite directions to create separation/stretch prior to launch.

Also, her extension through the ball is severely cut off, and the bat makes a quick left-turn around her body. What we want to see is the bat being whipped/thrown OUT FROM the rear shoulder, and the arms extending forward (towards the pitcher). IMO, back-chaining from extension may be helpful for this issue.

tumblr_o2eu8tYoSz1usf292o1_400.gif

Along with what Eric posted...DD needs to address the 'push' in her swing.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Rd what do you mean by push?

Im no expert. Try to get your DD to extend her lead arm just after contact like miggy does when he really connects.
Try it in batting practice for 20 minutes and see if she likes it. Try it and see if the ball jumps off the bat differently.
2016-02-06-21-08-46--547214398.jpeg

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I was reading in the pitching forum, java source said to try and release all energy when you let go of the ball. I think this is a good cue for hitting. Try to release all energy from the swing into contact with the ball. If you pull off the ball towards third or fall forward after the swing you are wasting energy. Brace off that front leg and extend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00