Babe ruth fast pitch 10u rule question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2008
Dont have a babe ruth rule book, but in any other rule set its a dead ball strike. If its strike 3 the batter is out.

Dont have a babe ruth rule book, but in any other rule set its a dead ball strike. If its strike 3 the batter is out.

Let some more people answer comp, It was a 1-0 one count when it happen i just like to see other answers very confusing tell you the truth i look at rules i just don't see anything that say fair/dead ball etc... its one of the odd plays that happen (i am sure it happen before) though first time for me. If i got it wrong i want to make sure i get it right next time. I tell you what i rule afterwords.

Last edited:
PONY =A strike is called for each pitched ball struck at and missed which touches any part of the batter
Dead ball = when pitched ball touches any part of the batter's person or clothing whether the ball is struck at or not

ASA = A strike is called for each pitched ball struck at and missed which touches any part of the batter

This is pretty universal

Last edited:
PONY =A strike is called for each pitched ball struck at and missed which touches any part of the batter

ASA = A strike is called for each pitched ball struck at and missed which touches any part of the batter

This is pretty universal

first off the batter swings and hits her hand the ball goes into fair its not universal bud the rule is likely universal but i don't think you got the right call in this case.

Last edited:
first off the batter swings and hits her hand the ball goes into fair its not universal bud the rule is likely universal but i don't think you got the right call in this case.

I edited the post to include the dead ball rule. If the batter swings and misses (contacting the ball with the bat) it is a strike and if the ball strikes a batter in the batters box that it is a dead ball....but who knows maybe some one out there thinks differently

Jun 22, 2008
Any pitched ball that strikes a batter is an immediate dead ball. If the batter is swinging, it is a dead ball and strike. Does not matter where the ball goes, it could fly over the outfield fence it is still a dead ball. The instant the ball touched the batter it was dead, end of story.

Any pitched ball that strikes a batter is an immediate dead ball. If the batter is swinging, it is a dead ball and strike. Does not matter where the ball goes, it could fly over the outfield fence it is still a dead ball. The instant the ball touched the batter it was dead, end of story.

It sounds like you are 100% with that i call it a dead ball btw 1-1 count

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2010
It's pretty simple.

A pitched ball that hits the batter is always dead.

A pitched ball that the batter swings at, and doesn't hit WITH HER BAT, is a strike.

Sooooo . . . this play results in a . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd