Asking for help again!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
Confused. If you land with pelvis open, aren't you losing all the coil/energy you created? It would seem to me all the cool left would be on the back which is fine, but this seems to defeat the purpose of a lower body coil.

If your torsion spring is wound tight, when you get lateral tilt you will get that "extra stretch". During the extra stretch your hip assembly will begin to open, I think it's the body's way of balancing itself. You are not releasing the coil, you are tighter than ever during this phase......

Pujols%20Launch_zpshbiwmurx.gif

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2015
South East
Ok, if you must do something, work on the hands and hand pivot point.

drdrodd_zpslstljbhb.gif

Thats the spirit! LOL

I agree. RD hit that off the bat so I went the lower body route.....Good stuff

Thanks for the feedback guys. The hand pivot has been a challenge for her but she is making progress with it and we will continue to work on it. Spartans thanks for the good information on the lower stuff. We have been working on fine tuning that a lot lately. She is still young and hopefully has a lot softball left to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I said this in post#3:
Swing looks good but.....can be better. The hand pivot point can be tighter/near arm pit rear shoulder and less shoulder rotation.
drdrodd_zpslstljbhb.gif

I also 'noticed' but, didn't want to be 'that guy' again 'nit picking'.
Like Red also stated:
work on the hands and hand pivot point.
Your DD seems to be 'focused' on her finish and not her 'upstream' barrel path, which is down at contact. Tightening up your DD's hand pivot point will have your DD hitting the ball on the upside/just as the barrel starts to turn up.
SnapStopBat.gif

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I said this in post#3:

drdrodd_zpslstljbhb.gif

I also 'noticed' but, didn't want to be 'that guy' again 'nit picking'.
Like Red also stated:

Your DD seems to be 'focused' on her finish and not her 'upstream' barrel path, which is down at contact. Tightening up your DD's hand pivot point will have your DD hitting the ball on the upside/just as the barrel starts to turn up.
SnapStopBat.gif

Thanks RDB

As you know better than any body from the numerous pm's I have also struggled to grasp the hand pivot point. The #3 post you shared drove home points that you have been sharing with me. I thought that the rope analogy was very good and I now believe what you have been telling me for about a year now (LOL) that she is loading her arms and not the hands finally clicked. Please do not think that your "nit picking" is a bad thing it brings up very good points and helps me. Myself or DD are not the type to think that we are being picked on. We really appreciate everything that members of the Forum are helping us with.

Sep 23, 2014
I like the Rock the "U" drill I picked up on here a few years back. It helps keep the front shoulder closed and reinforces this hip pivot.

Rock the "U" - Form a "U" shape with your front arm & bat; Forearm is the bottom of the U, the bat is one side of the U, and your upper arm is the other side of the U. You will have to have a loose hand grip with your back hand to form the U. Start by Rocking towards the ball on the tee without making contact, all while maintaining the "U", rock backwards while maintaining the "U", then rock to the ball and swing while trying to maintain the "U" as long as possible. The "U" requires 2 90 degree angles and the hitter can self check when they first move to the ball.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
SnapStopBat.gif

The barrel path of the snap stop swing gif is in direct contradiction to the "Carve\Filet" thread on BBD...I'm curious as to your reconciliation of your advice\gif in relation to that thread. If you're not familiar, here's the link:

baseballdebate.proboards.com/thread/1477/carve-filet

28vg3o6.gif

Specifically: carvefilet1-0.00.00.54.jpgSnapStopBat-0.00.00.68.jpg

Not looking for an argument...just asking you to reconcile your advice vs the argument on the C/F thread at BBD that has already vetted itself out.

CP

Nov 18, 2015
I'm not seeing it - what's the difference between the gifs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut