ASA vs USFA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Not trying to start a debate, but we are in a position where dd played on ASA teams for the last 1.5 years. Now she is with a team that has settled for USFA goals. She is a 2nd year 12U player, and we had to go with this team due to logistics of timing and being cut from her former team (I am still very sensitive about this). Anyway, she is very happy to be on this team and will get more time in the circle; however, I worry that this will be a big setback should she try out for ASA driven teams in the future. She has had invitations to "practice" with older 14U teams so we will definitely do that from time to time. She is a great fielder and growing pitcher...she has a great attitude and high work ethic. Anyone have thoughts/suggestions?

3sDad

Dependent on where you live I guess...ASA in MS is virtually non existent. ONLY ASA events that get any participation are the 14U and up State Tourneys and thats only to try to get a berth to Nationals...We have TONS of USFA tourneys in this part of the World, to include the USFA WS at Panama City Beach...

According to the few folks I know in the California big time travel ball scene, ASA in California as far as well known teams is done...ASA has over fee'd, ruled and generally made softball into a overbearing, cash cow (sorta sounds like Congress). They are going to http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/ but thats not available here yet...We played USFA almost exclusively till we went 16U...Now most of our stuff will be exposure type tourneys with various sanctioning bodies...

BUT to answer your question, she'll get planty of games against good competition or at least if youre in teh SE USA and go play USFA... (especially if you'll play UP an age group)...Good Luck...Enjoy PCB!