ASA Rule Book in PDF format?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Playing in our first ASA tournament next weekend and wanted to review the ASA rules. We normally play events governed by USSSA rules.

Are the ASA Rules online, or in PDF format somewhere? I have searched and have been unable to find the rules online. Thanks.

Jun 18, 2010
Thanks RedBirdDad. I do not understand why they make getting a copy of the rules so difficult. Is this a huge money maker for ASA?

May 17, 2012
Bumping this thread.

Are the only ways to get the rulebook through the $15 app or through your ASA state commissioner?

I only have the 2005 version and was looking for something newer.

"ASA Rule Book - ASA Rule Books are a benefit of membership and are only distributed by the ASA Commissioner or their staff."

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Bumping this thread.

Are the only ways to get the rulebook through the $15 app or through your ASA state commissioner?

I only have the 2005 version and was looking for something newer.

"ASA Rule Book - ASA Rule Books are a benefit of membership and are only distributed by the ASA Commissioner or their staff."

Yep, the ASA app or an ASA representative are your only two "official" options. Sometimes you can find copies on eBay or Amazon.

Also, when you register your team with ASA your team should receive a rule book. If you didn't, you are owed one and should contact your commissioner.

May 17, 2012
Also, when you register your team with ASA your team should receive a rule book. If you didn't, you are owed one and should contact your commissioner.

The Indiana ASA commissioner isn't very organized, I will try and pin them down for one.

By the way nice job on my daughters glove (Shoeless Jane with purple laces). She was very pleased.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Unless it has been updated the search feature on the APP is poor but I like always having it with me so I am OK with the $15.

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The Indiana ASA commissioner isn't very organized, I will try and pin them down for one.

By the way nice job on my daughters glove (Shoeless Jane with purple laces). She was very pleased.

I didn't realize that was your daughter! Yes, the purple laces looked pretty cool. Those Shoeless Jane gloves have pretty soft leather and I think that the new laces helped firm it up a bit.

Glad she liked it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877