ASA Color Rule

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
ASA 3-4 The pitchers glove may be one solid color or multicolored as long as the color(s) are not the color of the ball being used in the game.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
Several have mentioned having to take a sharpie to the logo on a glove. DD has the glove pictured below. The strap on the back of the glove has has a little neon green as well as a logo by the webbing. Would this be in violation of the color rule? We play in an ASA event this weekend.

mizuno_glove2.jpg

I think it will depend on the ump. I would be prepared to color it if he brings it up.

Jul 28, 2008
I successfully argued the color to a PU a couple years ago. I pointed out that the Mizzuno was neon green, while the ball was optic yellow. There is a definite difference between the two. It was the other coach who was being an @$$, so that's how I countered and had the PU tell the opposing coach there was a difference.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Several have mentioned having to take a sharpie to the logo on a glove. DD has the glove pictured below. The strap on the back of the glove has has a little neon green as well as a logo by the webbing. Would this be in violation of the color rule? We play in an ASA event this weekend.

mizuno_glove2.jpg

I think it will depend upon your pitcher. If she is walking every batter or throwing meatballs down the middle of the plate, the other coach won't have a problem with it. If she is being dominant and striking out every batter, then the other coach will probably try to get the glove thrown out. It has to be that little spot of yellow on the glove that is keeping his batters from hitting. :)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Watching my niece’s games during her spring tourneys, one of the pitchers she faced dressed like a ‘clown’. No other way to say it, the pitcher had to do it on purpose. I was OK with everything but her large headband that just happened to match the color of the ball. From looking at the rules when I got home everything the P did was legal.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
I was reminded of this thread during one of our games today. Although I guess they were "optic lime" the opposing teams uniforms were pushing the envelope IMO. I especially liked the big softball sized 99 which was right next to the release point on every pitch. The only thing that would have made it worse was if she was number 0.

We hit well and won so I guess no harm no foul.

DSCF5366.JPG

Jul 26, 2010
There's a team out of San Jose that wears optic green/yellow. Kryptonite I think. I always think Caltrans is working in the outfield when they're warming up. It's annoying to play against them, which is a shame because they're a good group of girls with good coaches.

-W

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse