As we get ready for tryouts are you staying, going or testing the waters?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

As tryouts begin are you staying, going or testing the waters?

• Staying!

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Going!

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Gonna tryout to see whats out there

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
May 22, 2015
Illinois
She has a great head on her shoulders and will do well at that level. I missed getting to see her play this HS season and summer. I'm glad she has a team she really enjoys playing on. She deserves that. (You do as well and I know how much you put into this as well helping make sure that she is level headed but having fun.)

Thanks CB! You know how hard she works. She came from a team where she was THE player. Always led her team in BA, OBP, batted lead off, and played the field every inning. Problem was not all the girls had the same goal so she decided it was time to move on. Now she’s on a team (BC Elite) that really was already established before she got there. They weren’t even looking to add anybody last fall, but they knew DD and she had a great tryout and got offered a spot. It has been a challenge for her, but in the long run she should be better for it. She now has to battle for playing time and at bats and has had a lot more highs and lows than normal. She’ll go 8 for 8 one weekend, and 0 for 8 the next. She’s fought her way to bat lead off and then the 0ferrs slowly drop her down the lineup. That said the teammates really push and support each other and they all have the goal of playing in college and that’s really what she was looking for.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Well, it's been a stressful several weeks juggling our current commitment with the search for a new team. However, last night we accepted an offer from a good 14U A club in our area that really wanted my DD. Our guest playing with them a few weeks back sealed the deal for both sides. We are excited and relieved and looking forward to a new chapter.

May 6, 2015
DD is looking, she is 2007, most of team including all coaches kids are 2008, so she must move up.

Apr 26, 2015
Thanks CB! You know how hard she works. She came from a team where she was THE player. Always led her team in BA, OBP, batted lead off, and played the field every inning. Problem was not all the girls had the same goal so she decided it was time to move on. Now she’s on a team (BC Elite) that really was already established before she got there. They weren’t even looking to add anybody last fall, but they knew DD and she had a great tryout and got offered a spot. It has been a challenge for her, but in the long run she should be better for it. She now has to battle for playing time and at bats and has had a lot more highs and lows than normal. She’ll go 8 for 8 one weekend, and 0 for 8 the next. She’s fought her way to bat lead off and then the 0ferrs slowly drop her down the lineup. That said the teammates really push and support each other and they all have the goal of playing in college and that’s really what she was looking for.

Mudrunner - I think our girls lead parallel lives! Dd's team was ending due to the coach deciding not to coach - but DD has already realized it was time to move on. She wasn't being pushed or challenged and knows that she needs that before she goes off to college in a couple years. She had numerous coaches reach out to her when they found out she was a free agent but nothing felt right. She went to a tryout for the premier softball organization and top 18G team in our area on a whim. 100 girls there. Coach made ONE offer. To DD. The girls were amazing and encouraging, but she knows she will have to work hard to earn playing time. She is so excited to get to work! She too was the leader in AVG, OBP, triples, stolen bases and 2nd for RBIs which is crazy for a lead off batter. Now the work begins to earn those spots again and she couldn't be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 8, 2016
The only thing worse than having to deal with tryouts is having a dd who has aged out and has no more tryouts to go to.
As stressful as this time of year is enjoy it while it lasts because it goes by fast.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2020
Put all my DD's eggs in one basket last year and she barely missed the cut. This time I'm trying out for all teams and going to pick the best one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez