AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Of course the bat loops. How can it not unless the swing ends at the knees (I have two on my 10U rec team that do this. Ack!!! Help!!!) Maybe that is what you are saying.

When people say "No Loop", I read that as the low point of the swing / bat is never below the ball. You'll get on plane, then through, then up. Ideally not below the ball then up, then through the ball.

Nice post.

May 12, 2016
None of these things are being impeded by TTB around the hands. The hands are not taking a longer path, or travelling slower when you TTB. Assisting the rotation of the barrel around the HPP shortens the time it takes for the barrel to get from 12 to 6.
IMO, the barrel turns around the hands anyway... when I swing and try to force it, I find it awkward and hard to direct the barrel to where I want it to go

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
The more and more I see it, the more the pros make sense. Can be misleading though when it's isolated without proper sequence.

I did misunderstand TM in the beginning as well because I was looking at isolated movements, I do understand what he's trying to teach regarding TTB... but IMO it's a "no teach"
From my experience, natural barrel turners are pretty rare... There are a few who turn the barrel late, but most players knob to the ball and then hinge-unhinge into contact...

It sounds like teach/no-teach aside, this board now agrees that TTB is directionally correct? If there are still wrist hingeres, please step out of the line :LOL:...

With that, the new question seems to be, "when do you TTB?".

Of course the HI camp says immediately...

May 12, 2016
From my experience, natural barrel turners are pretty rare... There are a few who turn the barrel late, but most players knob to the ball and then hinge-unhinge into contact...

It sounds like teach/no-teach aside, this board now agrees that TTB is directionally correct? If there are still wrist hingeres, please step out of the line :LOL:...

With that, the new question seems to be, "when do you TTB?".

Of course the HI camp says immediately...
The barrel turns every time in a swing.. even if I hinge my wrist, the barrel has to turn to meet the ball at somepoint :). So everybody is a barrel turner.. lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06