Arm whip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2009
My daughter is 13 and throws about 50-52 top at 54 when things are right. I've read alot of the threads and they are great. I have to post some video.
I would like to be able to talk to her and describe making her arm circle faster. When she starts the pulling down part from 12 O'clock through release, is it actually pulling down of the elbow? It seems to me when I start my hand at 12 O'clock the fastest way down is pulling the elbow straight down and then bringing the tricep in toward my side. Is this correct? Is that the way she should be feeling/thinking when we're trying to speed it all up?

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
My daughter is 13 and throws about 50-52 top at 54 when things are right. I've read alot of the threads and they are great. I have to post some video.
I would like to be able to talk to her and describe making her arm circle faster. When she starts the pulling down part from 12 O'clock through release, is it actually pulling down of the elbow? It seems to me when I start my hand at 12 O'clock the fastest way down is pulling the elbow straight down and then bringing the tricep in toward my side. Is this correct? Is that the way she should be feeling/thinking when we're trying to speed it all up?

I don't know if I would describe it like that. The arm must act like a whip. Make sure she has a bend in it and on the way down the arm must snap like a whip. Trying to pull the elbow down, to me, doesn't get you that snap effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA