Anyone play PGF?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
We play mostly PGF now. Very well run, great facilities and outstanding competition. Last summer my DD played PGF Nationals and was the best national tournament she had ever played. Hundreds of college scouts attended.

I think ASA is shooting themselves in the foot by requiring players to either join the Softball Factory's ID program or play at ASA Nationals to be eligible for the Jr. National Team. Especially changing the requirements late in the season after organizations had already set their schedules.

AtlantaHitDoc

Coaching and Loving it!
Dec 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
It was an Atlanta Vipers team - Atlanta Vipers Loveless - that won the 14U PGF this past summer. They were a very talented team. We had a 16U six-team friendly one weekend, and they were the only 14U team in the mix. They put it on everyone there. One of the better 14U teams I've seen.

Apr 6, 2012
We will be playing PGF this summer. It is run well, has some of the best teams in it, and is more responsive than ASA.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If I remember right, didn't a team from Atlanta win the 14u nats. in PGF?

Three 14U teams from GA finished in the PGF top-10 last year, including the Atlanta Vipers - Loveless team who won it all. ASA is still where the A-teams play during the regular season, but the top GA teams want to play the best, and that means following the Bat Busters, Firecrackers, ect. Most teams would also prefer to go to Huntington Beach, CA vs. 'BFE' for ASA Nationals. Last year 14U ASA Nationals were in Sioux City, South Dakota.....this year they are in Normal, IL.......REALLY?

A handful of the top teams from GA were planning to go to PGF in 2013, but the dates for PGF Nationals CONFLICT with one of the biggest college showcases in GA that is sponsored by two of the top organizations (Atlanta Vipers and GA Impact). Therefore, the dogfight to qualify for ASA Nationals just got a lot tougher! LOL

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2012
LaGrange, Ohio
A handful of the top teams from GA were planning to go to PGF in 2013, but the dates for PGF Nationals CONFLICT with one of the biggest college showcases in GA that is sponsored by two of the top organizations (Atlanta Vipers and GA Impact). Therefore, the dogfight to qualify for ASA Nationals just got a lot tougher! LOL

I too found it odd the PGF Nats for 14u & 16u (currently scheduled for 20-26) conflict with Atlanta Legacy Showcase and Orland Sparks Showcase (Chicago, Ill.) -both are the weekend of July 19-21 and both are big showcases.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207