Anyone know anything about this bat? Also, how to clean?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
So, I was at the batting cage today. They had a bucket of used bats, so I decided to see what they had. The woman told us that they had a lot of bats donated to the store when they opened for people to try out. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything too exciting in there however there was an Easton SC888 CXN Connexion bat with z-core super fiber. It is 33 in long and 23 oz. It was five dollars.

Does anyone know anything about the bat? I'd never really heard much about it but for five dollars I couldn't resist adding something else to the bag. ;-)

Also, the bat looks like it has been through world war three. It isn't dented, but it has marks on it from where the ball has hit it. (What do you call those marks?) I've tried soap and water on it, I've tried rubbing alcohol, I've taken and old toothbrush and scrubbed. Some of the stuff has come off, some hasn't. Any suggestions? My father said if I cleaned it up nice I might be able to get $10 for it tomorrow, but I think I'll hold on to it.

As a side note, I needed the grip replaced on one of my Stealths and the woman in there did a stellar job!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, to the Magic Eraser.

The SC888 is a nice bat. I buy the 777s when I see them around. My daughter had the 7 series as a 12 YO and it was just when bats were starting to get hot. I have two of the 777s, that I let girls use at batting lessons.

Jul 28, 2008

The SC888 is a nice bat. I buy the 777s when I see them around. My daughter had the 7 series as a 12 YO and it was just when bats were starting to get hot. I have two of the 777s, that I let girls use at batting lessons.

I have two 777's in my garage and one SC888. I've never really brought them out with the age of composites. Are they that good?

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA

I'm going to have to look for a magic eraser. I'm glad to see that someone thinks it is a nice bat. My dad was with me, he was pretty impressed to find something like that for $5. I shall post a pic when I get it cleaned up.

It's in my bag now. Showed it to someone at a game Sunday and I got a lot of crap for buying it--hell, it was $5. Can't turn that down. Kids often want to use my bats at practice, especially at 13U. I (at 17) am not much bigger than they are, so they are usually the right length but I have my reservations about letting them swing them. I don't use them on hitting sticks or anything of that sorts so I certainly don't want them to use it. So, now I've got someone to hand them.

What do you know about the z-core fiber? I've SEARCHED and SEARCHED online, finding not much about this bat or what it is made of. Bat makers should really keep the info about their bats online, even if they aren't selling them anymore.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
So I have an older model 777. I thought that they had banned these from use?(And I wouldnt disagree because the way the ball comes off this bat is down right scary.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug