Anyone have thoughts on this Twitter thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 30, 2013
Northwest, IN
Don’t forget about the HC! Look at that hashtag #datadoesntlie Well that’s only if that data isn’t tainted or not valid… But hey she loves him!
df41bd3dadf0201d110df27da20a44e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 15, 2015
I wonder at what point did this guy start to wish he had dropped his phone in the toilet the day he thought it was a good idea to post this...

I follow him and he has interesting data (whether you agree or not with his conclusions). My guess is that he is over the moon right now, having gotten the very attention he was looking for and then some.

Jun 8, 2016
I follow him and he has interesting data (whether you agree or not with his conclusions). My guess is that he is over the moon right now, having gotten the very attention he was looking for and then some.

I suppose all publicity is good publicity ;) I am just wondering what his bosses think about all the Illuminati of softball coming down on their employee..

Feb 15, 2017
ESPN guns are at least as 4 mph too fast. I've seen their speeds vs Pocket ball coach and a Jugs gun at the Clearwater Invitational and the USF invitational.

Another fun fact. Per Montana Fouts, she doesn't throw a rise ball, just her fastball up.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
In terms of college right now who is considered the hardest thrower out there? Fouts is probably up there and if Juarez is correct, and the gun is 3 to 4 mph faster than it should be, and Fouts is being clocked at 73, than even she is borderline.
Montana says she tops out on her hardest throw 70 mph for what it is worth.

Feb 15, 2017
I think Fouts made some similar comments about overthrowing the ball and losing spin last spring.

She got better as the season continued last year. If that continues, she will be one of the greats.
What happens is she gets her arm ahead of her body and throws her motion off. Her fastball is bullet spin but she's worked hard on spin with her drop. She's worked hard on the drop ball

Oct 14, 2019
so ESPN could spend 299 and be more accurate? why does espn care 70 v 73? maybe it’s more accurate and catches the ball right out of the hand?

Jun 8, 2016
so ESPN could spend 299 and be more accurate? why does espn care 70 v 73? maybe it’s more accurate and catches the ball right out of the hand?
At the end of the day it is just a number which only has relevance when used in comparison to numbers measured with a similar device 🤷🏽‍♂️

Feb 15, 2017
Because speed sells. Just like throwing the phrase backdoor curve and saying she throws a rise when she doesn't. There is a lot that gets said on ESPN that isn't true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32