Any Wilson A2000 glove dealers on here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2020
My DD’s previous AAU bball team bought sneakers like that..looked like the result one would expect after somebody got a stomach bug after eating too much rainbow shave ice..
It's not my favorite glove but 15 yo girls like it. Plus she's smart enough to keep the tags on it. I paid 300 and the things are selling for 700 now

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2020
Been trying to break this one in for about a month now. Snake skin super skin on the back and spin control on the palm,.it's like the web and laces are the only leather on the glove20210517_152208.jpg

Nov 8, 2020
What is your opinion on the SC? Marketing or does it slow down the spin of the ball when you catch it?
I have broken in a few but haven't really done much more than mallet work with them because I don't want to dirty them up before getting them back to the player. This one is my kids, I'll have her use it for lessons Wednesday, maybe I'll hit grounders to her at the indoor for some PFP and try to get an opinion longer than a word or two

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Been trying to break this one in for about a month now. Snake skin super skin on the back and spin control on the palm,.it's like the web and laces are the only leather on the gloveView attachment 22116

We just got last year’s for DD. At first fitting she really likes it. Both the back and palm materials feel weird to me. But hers doesn’t have the spin control palm.

Glove1.jpg
Glove2.jpg

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
What is your opinion on the SC? Marketing or does it slow down the spin of the ball when you catch it?

I have this one ready to go when it's time to switch from DD's 2yr old Wilson FPCM (catchers mitt).
1621523481806.png
The problem is, @Schmick's Gloves gave me so much helpful advice on how to fully refurbish her current one (full tear down to the felt, reapply pocket adhesive, clean, relace, and condition) that the glove is going strong.

Regarding the spin control, I had an OG SSK baseball glove when I played in HS in the late 80's/early 90's with similar dots. No, the dots don't do jack, but it does give the glove/mitt a good look.

What I really like about the AM1 is the palm is noticeably thinner in the pocket, almost like the sting pad has been removed. I really wasn't a fan of the FPCM pocket as it's portly and wrinkly!

Nov 8, 2020
My kid has all 3, the 2019 KS7 is the one she uses for HS amd travel ball now. The 2020 model (stars and stripes glove) that I'm trying to break in for her to use at IDT. And the 202q Peace and Love glove (tie-dye and purple)
All 3 are the same pattern and have the snake skin Superskin on the back side. The Spin Control palm on the 2020 Olympic model easily makes it the stiffest of the 3, the palm hasn't seemed to absorb conditioner as well as a normal leather so I think it's either treated with some.type of sealant or synthetic like the super skin. She did use it at her pitching lessons yesterday and said it was starting to feel good but it's break in certainly took longer than a standard, Pro Stock A2000.

Jan 24, 2022
You can lather on a layer of oil or conditioner made specifically for gloves. The application is a savior for dried out baseball gloves. Without their magic, the baseball glove will become stiff and crack. This is because of the picky nature of leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah