Any recommendation for a first base glove? HS class of 2022 (late start).

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2020
My girls are from the Philippines, Filipinas! I have one player on the team 5'5" though she shouldn't be on it imho. One is 5'4", one is 5'3, and the others are 5'2 or less, 2 of them are 4'8".
Gotcha. Asians & Latino women seem to be on the shorter side in my experience.

May 23, 2015
No she has not used a !B mitt before.
I asked because its a transition not that I would suggest one. It's just a different beast especially if she plays different positions. No need for a mitt

I always suggest trying on a lot of gloves. Feel the weight. How does it fell on the hand. Does she like a stiff globe that resists deformation or something supple? Theres a lot of high quality gloves that are under $200.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
She likes the glove snug around her wrist. Other than that she has never mentioned any particular preferences. She currently has a 11.75" Glovesmith that she loves. Her sisters 11.5" Glovesmith is 6 years old with one re-lacing (just graduated from College and that glove got a TON of use). Not sure 1st base will be a long term thing. But you never know (I've seen players in college end up in positions they have never played). I'm inclined to go with the Vinci due to the price. But she likes the white Liberty. But still not sure.

Aug 13, 2020
You can get a custom Tigress Glove for $210, or stock for less. Comparable to $350 - $550 gloves. I would be happy to help. Guaranteed you love it, or you can return it. Even on customs... www.tigressgloves.com

Attachments

• TIGRESS FIRST BASE (2).jpg
    TIGRESS FIRST BASE (2).jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 16
  • TIGRESS FIRST BASE1 (2).jpg
    TIGRESS FIRST BASE1 (2).jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 15
  • TIGRESS FIRST BASE2 (2).jpg
    TIGRESS FIRST BASE2 (2).jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 16
Mar 11, 2017
I just got my daughter a 44 Pro FirstBase glove. Great value not to mention the ability to significantly customize. Spent about $200 for a fully customized glove. Very cool company that seems to be disrupting the market. Popular brand with the younger MLB players .

May 23, 2015
She likes the glove snug around her wrist. Other than that she has never mentioned any particular preferences. She currently has a 11.75" Glovesmith that she loves.

Thats the glove I would use. Dance with what brung ya. If you're dying to buy another or feel like a longer glove would help her contact glovesmith and ask what they have that is built the same as her current glove but longer

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I just got my daughter a 44 Pro FirstBase glove. Great value not to mention the ability to significantly customize. Spent about $200 for a fully customized glove. Very cool company that seems to be disrupting the market. Popular brand with the younger MLB players .

+1. DD has a 44 Pro Glove she uses at third and loves it. Had it made with her HS colors.
glove1 (2).jpgglove2.jpgglove4.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00