Any recommendation for a first base glove? HS class of 2022 (late start).

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
HS class of 2022 (late start). I see a Vinci for $100 new, Liberty? Plays SS in High School so she has a good infielder glove (she prefers middle infield but has been filling in at other positions and has done well). Travel team (18U Showcase) is now going to use her at 1st and in OF. Not spending over $200. I see a new Vinci for sale for $100. But a Liberty is $160.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I looked on Amazon and the Liberty glove I think you are looking for was $138.

Surprised you can get Vinci for $100. Regardless, I am going to assume they are the same price.

Vinci is going to take more time to break in then the Liberty. DD got bounced around a bit and always used same mitt at all positions.

I would be worried she might give up on Vinci and keep with her current mitt.

I vote Liberty.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT

Surprised you can get Vinci for $100. Regardless, I am going to assume they are the same price.

Vinci is going to take more time to break in then the Liberty. DD got bounced around a bit and always used same mitt at all positions.

I vote Liberty.
Mine is getting bounced around a lot. But watching my older college daughter softball I see a lot of that. Hitters get on the field. So if you are a hitter and are versatile on the field there is a lot to be said for that.
The Vinci is new 22/PC CBW-22 13" ... her infield glove is 11.5". Should I just get a bigger fielders glove as she in in OF too?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Dang big gloves suck in balls, I understand wanting 2 different gloves.

The issue might be with her having the patience and time to break in new glove. Old glove is not going away, she needs that for 2nd and SS.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
She can still use her smaller glove some this fall. Doing Showcases but it would be ready for next summer. We didn't really have a real 1st base this past summer so she was put there and did well. Not sure ... I see two Vinci on Ebay for $100 new.

May 4, 2020
She can still use her smaller glove some this fall. Doing Showcases but it would be ready for next summer. We didn't really have a real 1st base this past summer so she was put there and did well. Not sure ... I see two Vinci on Ebay for $100 new.
You can’t go wrong with either glove. Depends what Vinci model your looking at for $100. I would go on Vinci Pro site and see what the glove retails for. Anything over $225 I would go Vinci. Under $225 Liberty Advanced.
IMO it’s all about getting the most glove for the least amount of money.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not have a dog in this fight but there are a couple Vinci dealers on this board that I have heard nothing but good things about. I would go to them opposed to eBay.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
You can’t go wrong with either glove. Depends what Vinci model your looking at for $100. I would go on Vinci Pro site and see what the glove retails for. Anything over $225 I would go Vinci. Under $225 Liberty Advanced.
IMO it’s all about getting the most glove for the least amount of money.

22/PC CBW-22 13"

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT

I vote Liberty.

The liberty 1st base is $160. The Vinci is $100.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi