Any recommendation for a first base glove? HS class of 2022 (late start).

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2020
I've had good luck with Ebay. Bought all our bats there (last year model always saves lots of $$ (three daughters)). Both listing are for new gloves. My dilema will be is how will another glove fit in her backpack with all those half empty water bottles! LOL
I hear Ya!!! Not sure why kids can’t clean-out their bags after each practice/game. One of the World’s great mysteries.

Jun 26, 2020
Has your daughter ever used a first base mitt? They're a completely different fit and feel from a middle infield glove. It's also helpful to try out several lengths.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Whichever brand, model, or price point, be sure to do your research and find a 1B glove modeled after the Rawlings DCT pattern!

The Cat’s post above is right on the money. Take a look at the Vinci RV1961-L, it’s a great pattern that’ll work equally well at 1B and in the outfield........if you’re not 100% committed to a dedicated 1B mitt.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
I hear Ya!!! Not sure why kids can’t clean-out their bags after each practice/game. One of the World’s great mysteries.

I have a OF who is being moved to 1B on my 18u team because she is unusually tall at 5'5". She uses a 13" Mizuno for both positions now.
Thank goodness, because if they did it would end up on their bedroom floors

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi