Any input on daughters swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Yes I do.
Just for fun :). Put the tee and DD in the same positions as in the video.

Put the plate under the tee with the tee in the middle and on the front of the plate. The ball should go up the middle.

Put the tee just in front of the plate on the inside corner. The ball may go to left side..

Put the tee back six inches or so on the outside corner. The ball may go to right side.

Apr 11, 2015
Blue, your DD's first move to the ball is from the top (hands/shoulders) down....
R7VHDsg.gif

....while HL hitters start their move to the ball from the bottom (legs/hips) up...
SXBmQgn.gif

On the up side, many young hitters will start off the same way when presented with a ball on a tee, and correction isn't necessarily all that difficult.

Last edited:

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Blue, your DD's first move to the ball is from the top (hands/shoulders) down....
R7VHDsg.gif

....while HL hitters start their move to the ball from the bottom (legs/hips) up...
SXBmQgn.gif

On the up side, many young hitters will start off the same way when presented with a ball on a tee, and correction isn't necessarily all that difficult.
Here is an explanation

- Softball Hitting Tip: Elbow UP or DOWN?

Jan 13, 2020
These are all very, very helpful. So I’m trying to put it all together. She needs to have a little more pull back in her right elbow, which should cause that front plant foot to get down sooner? Which should allow the lower body to release first and bring the arms through right behind it?

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
These are all very, very helpful. So I’m trying to put it all together. She needs to have a little more pull back in her right elbow, which should cause that front plant foot to get down sooner? Which should allow the lower body to release first and bring the arms through right behind it?
Great questions.

The back elbow will pull back during the stride.

Near toe touch the body will start doing its thing (videos help more than I can communicate)

Stride to toe touch (at toe touch is generally when the decision to swing or not happens)

The planting of the stride heel will finish the lateral path of the body and the rotational will begin

- Softball Hitting Posture
- Sierra Romero Proper Hitting Posture

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish