Any input on daughters swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2020
Daughter turned 8 this year. She loves softball and she is such a competitor. She strives to be the best at anything she does. Any tips would help me, help her. I’m not any expert on swings so I would appreciate any feedback. I would just like to give her a few subtle tips. I don’t ever try to push anything on her, I want to make sure it is fun for her.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Watch this video. Get the basic idea. If she starts with this concept early she will be way ahead of the average 8 year old.

May 3, 2014
It would awesome to be able to get your hands on a flat bat and have her try to hit the ball with the edge of the flat bat, but that could get very discouraging. Pitch to her a lot and let figure some things out.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She has an athletic move. But she does have bat drag. Very common in younger girls. It is basically the rear elbow out racing the knob of the bat. Plenty of talk about bat drag on DFP.

Jan 13, 2020
She has an athletic move. But she does have bat drag. Very common in younger girls. It is basically the rear elbow out racing the knob of the bat. Plenty of talk about bat drag on DFP.
She tends to hit everything off the tee straightaway. Does bat drag keep her from getting the bat head out front and pulling it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06