Any guidance would be appreciated.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2014
As in many things in life, one simply needs to follow the money. That's my take on the whole thing, having lived through this exact thing a couple of years ago.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Neither does anywhere else on earth....except MN...smh

Don't know what that weather is like in MN right now, but Atlanta is 52 degrees....DD has her first practice of 2016 tomorrow and the coach is thinking about moving it outdoors. Sometimes I think I may be a fan of global warming!

Apr 11, 2013
Don't know what that weather is like in MN right now, but Atlanta is 52 degrees....DD has her first practice of 2016 tomorrow and the coach is thinking about moving it outdoors. Sometimes I think I may be a fan of global warming!

Ha...supposed to be a high of 0 on Sunday. What's the best way to commute to GA?

Jan 23, 2014
What a load of crap. I can't believe they would be allowed to do that. I'd guess though that as long as she has a catcher who can catch her, she will continue to be dominant, no matter what the team she has behind her looks like.

Oct 2, 2015

And if you're outdoors, it's -30* with the windchill...

In the majority of MN, fastpitch plays second fiddle to sports like hockey, basketball, hockey, volleyball and hockey...
In NW MN there are a few competitive community teams.
A few of the top caliber girls migrate south to the Twin Cities to play on a Travel Ball team.
I think fast pitch would be have more of a following outstate, if there were more domes to play ball in.
Once a HS team builds up a reputation for being a high caliber team and reaches the State tourney often, it seems like they get more of the athletic girls to play fastpitch, rather than playing another sport in the Spring.
In eastern North Dakota, West Fargo has won around 15 straight State Championships. And I've been told the girls flock to that sport at an early age because of the dynasty they have in the sport as well as the coaching staff.
If the girls know they are going to be part of a successful program they are probably more likely to dedicate more time to that specific sport, unlike other girls up here who are 3 sport athletes.
I've been told the threshold in the US for fastpitch being a primary sport for girls is central Iowa. (That could be BS) Because of there proximity to Missouri and Kansas and the climate is warmer earlier and longer there. Girls and their families are willing to travel southward to play ball just as we travel to the Mpls area to play dome ball in the winter.
2 years ago I brought my snow blower down to the ball park to eat up some of the snow drifts, and to spread the snow around the field so it would melt faster...That was the first week in May.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi