Any guidance would be appreciated.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD, GA might be a little far for the commute...I put 48,000 miles on last year...mostly softball miles, I don't know if I can handle GA every week :)

Maybe you could carpool with all the other MN players who come to GA on a regular basis! LOL

Feb 3, 2011
In your shoes (assuming you're in/near Minneapolis?), I would run, not walk, to a team in Wisconsin. I would not pass Go, I would not collect the $200.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
My DD 3 played against a good MN 12u team once. Got crushed. The MN 12 u girls all looked like HS girls. If those girls are dragging down your DD, she must be deadly.

Sep 18, 2011
Why not play 14u travel ball and stay with the 12u community team as well? Nobody gets in trouble. And if your daughter misses community ball practices and games every so often, so be it. I mean not even the MMFL can force your daughter to make every community practice and game, right?

Jan 3, 2014
My DD 3 played against a good MN 12u team once. Got crushed. The MN 12 u girls all looked like HS girls. If those girls are dragging down your DD, she must be deadly.

Was that in the Dells a couple years ago in a horrible driving sleet / thunderstorm mess?

Oct 2, 2015
Why not play 14u travel ball and stay with the 12u community team as well? Nobody gets in trouble. And if your daughter misses community ball practices and games every so often, so be it. I mean not even the MMFL can force your daughter to make every community practice and game, right?

x 2...

Is she limited to playing "up" with 14U with the community team?

Or can she play "up" with the 16U or 18U community teams also?

How about some of the Iowa Travel Ball teams?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2013
In regards to playing up at 14 and playing 12 at the same time. I maybe wasn't clear in why it probably wouldn't work.

To play up at 14's, she would need to play "community travel ball" our youth organization doesn't have teams at the 14u level as that is when kids go to play on club teams. Also, my community will not give her a waiver to go play on a different community team...different situation, but they are not willing to give us a waiver. We've already been down that road.

It really stinks. I really wish there was a way to push this issue at the state ASA/MMFL level. It really strikes me as an archaic system, that is only used to line the pockets of our ASA/MMFL board by keeping all our youth levels at the community level.

I really appreciate all the comments (except JAD's, GA comments...at least find me a state within a days drive :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi