Antsy-Should We Be Doing More?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
Mine is coming off pitching since February - 17 y.o.

1 week after nationals Aug - Nothing total couch potato and swimming pool.
2nd and 3rd week - Sprint bleachers and macgyver core - alternate with plyo's and core
4th week - Loosen up long toss and legs/core
5th week - Back to full workouts.
7th week - Fall Ball for approx. 6 weeks.

Off Nov. /1/2 Dec - Maintenance of core/legs throughout with long toss - hitting occasionally
Jan - Serious legs and core.
Feb - Back to throwing full-time.

Not a single health issue on the year. Knock on wood! I was real nervous about her coming back after breaks last year. Bigger, better, faster, stronger was the result. Wished I would have started doing this at 14's instead of 16's. That second year 14's she was pretty tore up and required a lot of pt rehab.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I have yet to have a player take off for 2 - 5 weeks at a time that did not come back even stronger. Even after 2 seasons in college my DD took off a few weeks this summer. She came back throwing serious gas.

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for the advice and discussion all. We did take her out to practice light pitching, tee work, and fielding, and will do it a few times weekly. I'm glad we're not pushing it, and I do think the time off will only make her hungry to get on the field, when we finally do. I need to calm down and trust the coach and his process. After a terrible year last year, I'm just grateful to have someone who knows what he's doing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321